Director of Sales & Marketing
- Expired: December 30, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort is an historic luxury resort located at the foothills of the Catalina Mountains in Tucson, Arizona. Featuring scenic guest rooms, exquisite dining options, and rejuvenating Spa services delivered with Forbes 4-Star rated service. Learn more here.
Hacienda Del Sol is seeking a dynamic Director of Sales and Marketing to lead our Sales team who will foster a collaborative culture that will leverage talent to expand our customer base.
Scope and General Purpose:
The Director of Sales & Marketing is responsible for the supervision, development and performance of group, leisure, corporate sales and catering team activities for Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort. Establishes plans and strategies for sales and catering to expand customer base and drive revenue to achieve individual, team and company goals. This is an Executive Committee position.
• Provide ongoing analysis of database to determine key market segments, top customers and demographics.
• The DOSM is responsible for travel agent relationships and all drivers for the transient market.
• Direct reports are: Corporate/Group Sales Manager, Social Sales Manager, Conference and Catering Services Managers, Marketing Manager and Sales and Marketing Administrative Assistant.
• Prepare various reports and detailed tracking of the department sales activities for upper management.
• Develop, implement and monitor bonus programs for the Sales Managers.
• Align outbound sales efforts with determined market segments and demographics.
• Ensure timely, accurate and competitive pricing on all RFP’s while striving to maintain maximum profit margin and preserving rate integrity.
• Ensure self and team respond to requests within 4 hours and/or no more than 24 hours on next working day.
• Conduct site tours with prospective clients.
• Evaluate and execute sales/travel opportunities that align with key markets.
• Generate weekly prospecting calls from prospective and repeat business to ensure top of mind visibility.
• Timely follow-up (within 10 days of actual event) from events such as networking events, business trips etc. with emails or calls for potential future business.
• Build and maintain close relationships with all “internal” customers; Preferred Hotels Sales Team, Historic Hotels of America, Visit Tucson Sales team and other partners.
• Create appropriate traces for prospecting repeat and new business.
• Generate professional and timely proposals, contracts, and correspondence with clients.
• Analyze, review details and approve all contracts negotiated by the sales and marketing team.
• Ensure proper procedures are followed with regards to collecting deposits, set up of posting master (PM) accounts in Opera, deposit schedules are followed and proper communication of activity with the accounting team.
• Coordinate room blocks for 10 room nights or more with reservations team.
• Follow up with post event phone call and thank you notes to capture repeat business.
• Develop overall Hacienda Del Sol Marketing Plan and related strategies for the resort to execute with measured results.
• Understand website content management system to make regular updates to the property’s website.
• Work with Marketing Manager to ensure web sections are accurate, current and effective.
• Work with Marketing Manager to insure NAVIS Marketing Suite tools are accurate and being used to full potential.
• Lead Marketing Manager on promotions and programming and work with applicable departments to implement.
• Accurately track department advertising/marketing expenditures and adhere to budgeted and forecasted expenses.
• Support social media effectiveness with stories and ideas to generate buzz online.
• Review Marketing Manager posts to social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
• Monitor websites related to hotel reputation, Yelp, Trip Advisor etc.
• Assist in driving marketing goals and marketing plan with management team.
• Evaluate success of hotel advertising programs and achieve satisfactory P&L expense ratio in all campaigns.
• Review and send monthly marketing activity reports to General Manager by the 5th day following month-end.
• Increase revenue by building greater awareness of the hotel through media relations, publicity efforts, promotions and social media strategies
• Media Database Development and Industry Monitoring – build upon list of media contacts by focusing on key feeder locations and niche markets.
• Monitor consumer and trade news to identify trends the hotel can capitalize on.
• Perform other functions as may be required from time to time to ensure the resort marketing efforts are effective.
• Current knowledge of and strong graphic design skills
• Lead in the development and implementation of HDS sales and marketing plan.
• Lead weekly sales and marketing meetings to build more effective communication, understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of revenue performance and customer service standards.
• As a member of the resort Executive Committee, attend bi-weekly Leadership and Staff meetings to report on upcoming events and provide updates regarding sales efforts.
• Work with catering team to ensure effective search of leads and prospects. Conduct regular coaching and counseling with team members to build motivation and selling skills.
• Perform written Quarterly and Annual reviews for sales and marketing team members.
• Generate amenity requests for VIP’s and write welcome notes.
• Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Minimum six years sales and DOS experience.
• Microsoft Word & Excel and Outlook skills.
• Expertise with Opera software: CRM, Room Blocks, Rates, Billing.
• Professional communication skills.
• Guest Relations and etiquette.
Hacienda Del Sol Resort
Get fresh MGM Resorts International Marketing jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.