- Posted: 3 days ago
Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort is an historic luxury resort located at the foothills of the Catalina Mountains in Tucson, Arizona. Featuring scenic guest rooms, exquisite dining options, and rejuvenating Spa services delivered with Forbes 4-Star rated service. If you have a passion for great service, we would love to consider you to join our team of extraordinary hospitality professionals.
Learn more about Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort here.
Hacienda Del Sol is seeking an Assistant Controller who will be responsible for assisting in the management of our finance function including budgeting, financial reporting, and maintenance of balance sheet accounts, internal control systems and investment analyses and related aspects of resort operations. Together with the Controller, the Assistant Controller is responsible for ensuring that all financial transactions are properly recorded, for ensuring that an adequate system of internal financial controls is in place, and for maintaining the resorts general ledger and preparing financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principals
- Assist the Controller
- Interface with the General Manager and various department heads as it relates to accounting and financial matters
- Formal closing of the books on a monthly basis
- Preparation of monthly recurring and nonrecurring adjustment and journal entries
- Daily banking and related recording of activity
- Review accounts payable and cash disbursement periodically during the month
- Monthly bank reconciliations and credit cards analysis
- Preparation of Forms 1099-MISC
- Monitoring of all accounts receivable and collection of such
- Preparation of financial analyses of reports for use by other departments, owners, etc. on an as requested basis
Experience, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor or higher college degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience
- At least 3-5 years of experience as assistant controller
- Solid understanding of general accounting principles
- Hotel accounting experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to compile facts and figures.
- Proficient understanding of basic computer programs; Windows, Word, Excel and preferably familiar with Sage 300, Opera and ADP
Hacienda Del Sol Resort
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?