ReStore Customer Service Ambassador
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Accountable: ReStore Manager & ReStore Assistant Managers
Purpose: This position is responsible for assisting in all aspects of donations in a fast-paced retail environment.
Time Commitment: (Hourly) Saturdays may be required.
1. Maintain health and safety as the highest priority at all times. For example, straighten up doors, windows, screens and trim to avoid trip or fall hazards.
2. Carry out the duties of the position in the spirit of the mission of Habitat for Humanity of the River Valley (HFHRV). We are called to serve our community as brothers and sisters in Christ and should always treat our customers, clients, donors, volunteers, co-workers, and those we come across each day in our duties as we would hope they would treat us, even when they may not.
B. ReStore Operations
1. Assist customers and donors in the ReStore. Even if you are assigned a certain area in the ReStore, every Ambassador will help in sales, donations, stocking, and other duties as needed.
a. Help customers find items in the ReStore.
b. Assisting customers with loading and unloading merchandise and having the ability to communicate effectively regarding ReStore inventory and the Habitat mission
c. Handle incoming and outgoing merchandise. This includes stocking merchandise in the proper area and tagging appliances and checking the working condition of the items. Occasionally, as needed, assist Donation Ambassadors with pickups of donations, including large appliances, large windows, and cabinets
2. Must be able to operate a cash register and follow proper protocol regarding payment policies
3. Assist management staff as needed with scheduling and managing donation pick-ups.
4. Work with volunteers, future homeowners, and community service workers, providing guidance and direction in tasks that need to be completed in the store
5. Complete opening and closing responsibilities, which include securing the building, organizing ReStore merchandise, and any other duties as assigned.
C. Other duties as assigned by ReStore Manager and Assistant Managers
A. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
B. Ability to operate cash register and credit card machine
C. Ability to responsible handle cash
D. Maintain an extremely flexible attitude
E. Ability to work at a retail pace from slow to extreme and hectic conditions
F. Ability to tolerate extreme temperature conditions (cold in winter, hot in summer)
G. Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Habitat for Humanity of the River ValleyWhy Work Here?
Come work with an amazing group of individuals serving God's people.
Habitat for Humanity of the River Valley is an ecumenical, grassroots, Christian housing ministry that seeks to eliminate poverty housing from our community and make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action.
400 Pratt Ave. NWHuntsville, AL
RetailView all jobs at Habitat for Humanity of the River Valley