Habitat for Humanity Las Vegas Las Vegas, NV
- Posted: over a month ago
- $10 to $11 Hourly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
Job Classification: Non-Exempt/Hourly
Job Type: Full-Time
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance Paid Time Off, Simple IRA Savings Plan
Habitat for Humanity Las Vegas helps families build better lives through affordable housing. Our vision is to build a world where everyone has a decent place to live, which is the essence of the American dream. We do this through homeownership, by building single-family homes throughout Clark County for hard working families earning less than 80% of Area Median Income. Together we build homes, settle families and grow a community of neighbors. Visit our website at: lasvegashabitat.org for more details.
The ReStore Warehouse Associate supports the Habitat for Humanity Las Vegas ReStores' through a range of warehouse functions, including inventory counts, receiving, storing, handling, loading, unloading, and moving materials in and out of the facility, while maintaining the warehouse in a safe and orderly fashion. This person serves as a front-line employee who regularly interacts directly with donors, clients and customers and represents Habitat for Humanity of Las Vegas in the community and works to ensure that they receive exceptional customer service and a positive experience.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years warehouse experience preferred.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and responsible.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with the general public, customers, and vendors in a positive and courteous manner.
- Strong customer service skills, polite and courteous.
- Possess tact, diplomacy, flexibility and have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions and perform general labor tasks.
- Ability to read and interpret written documents including safety data sheets, procedures, manuals, work instructions, orders, and packing slips.
- Must be able to operate inventory control equipment (i.e. barcoding equipment, handheld devices.
- Must have or be willing and able to obtain forklift certification.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
- Must have a philosophy of support in line with the values, mission of Habitat for Humanity.
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must wear required uniform and maintain personal appearance and hygiene by following the organization’s dress code requirements.
- May be required to work evenings, holidays and weekends.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
- This position is physically demanding requiring good physical condition, ability to stand for long periods of time, and ability to lift heavy objects of varying shapes, sizes, and weights repeatedly over long periods of time.
- Must be comfortable on a ladder.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull a minimum of 60 pounds continuously (67-100% of the workday).
- Continuously (67-100% of the workday) and repeatedly required to climb, crawl, crouch, stoop, kneel, balance, bend, feel, fingering/fine dexterity, flex wrist, grasp/squeeze, handling/gross dexterity, reach above shoulder, reach at shoulder or below, hear, talk, turn body, twist body, walk, and stand.
- Occasionally (1-33% of the workday) required to sit or smell.
- Near vision, midrange vision, far vision, depth perception, color vision, field of peripheral vision is frequently (34-66% of the workday) required.
- Continuously (67-100% of the workday) required environmental conditions: outdoors, dust, exposure to weather, extreme cold, extreme heat, loud noises, mist, moving mechanical parts, toxic/caustic chemicals, vibration, and wet/humidity/rain.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Habitat for Humanity Las Vegas
3455 E. Flamingo Rd.Las Vegas, NV
Transportation and Storage