Local Delivery Driver / General Labor- Logistics Associate
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who You Are:
You’re someone who people can rely on and you’re always there when they need a helping hand. You’re comfortable behind the wheel, know your way around town, and are courteous to other drivers. You’re looking for a new position where you can make a difference in your life, your coworkers’ day, and the world. In return, you seek an organization that appreciates your individuality and supports you as a member of a diverse and talented team. People often comment how calm, organized and efficient you are. You know in your heart it’s time to find an opportunity to be part of something larger; more impactful. If this sounds like you, please allow us to introduce ourselves.
Who We Are:
Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver (Habitat Metro Denver) is part of a global, nonprofit housing organization that seeks to put God's love into action by bringing people together to build homes, communities, and hope. Habitat for Humanity was founded on the conviction that everyone needs an affordable, healthy and stable place to live in dignity and safety, and that affordable housing should be a matter of conscience and action for all.
To achieve our vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to live, Habitat Metro Denver builds, renovates and sells homes in partnership with low- and moderate-income families. The organization also works with existing low-income homeowners in formerly red-lined Denver neighborhoods to do critical home repairs. Throughout its 42-year history, Habitat Metro Denver has served more than 2,500 households and is the 8th largest producer in the Habitat U.S. network.
As an advocate for policies that create and preserve affordable housing, build wealth through homeownership, and stabilize communities experiencing involuntary displacement, Habitat Metro Denver engages the community to be a catalytic force at federal, state and local levels.
How We Succeed Together:
Habitat Metro Denver’s Cultural Blueprint highlights the specific behaviors and mindsets that support our core values and guide day-to-day decisions, behaviors, and interactions of every person within our organization.
- Solid Foundations - Our mission is at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about our work, our teams, and our relationships.
- Innovative Design - We are curious. We embrace change. We take risks and initiative to address a complex social issue – housing. We exemplify grit and determination in our relentless pursuit to ensure everyone has a safe and affordable place to call home.
- Open Doors - We welcome everyone. We aspire to be an inclusive organization that celebrates one humanity – where equity, diversity and inclusion are at the core of every facet of our work.
- Clear Windows - We approach everyone with kindness, clarity, and transparency. We champion authenticity, illuminate our strengths, and hold ourselves and others accountable.
- Supportive Structures - We have each other’s backs. We collaborate. Becoming better at what we do takes all of us. By building homes and life-changing careers, we make a transformational difference in our lives and the lives of others.
The Logistics Associate performs general driver duties as assigned, primarily the pickup and delivery of donated items at donor’s homes and commercial locations. This is a full-time position with full medical, dental and retirement benefits.
The following reflects the organization’s definition of essential functions for the job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Become a Habitat for Humanity ambassador to our donors by embracing our Cultural Blueprint.
- Responsible for the pickup of various delicate and large donated items that are sold in the Habitat Metro Denver ReStores
- Load and unload ReStore box trucks utilizing spatial visualization and maximizing efficiency
- Safely navigate box trucks of 16’ and 26’ across Denver Metro Area in urban, suburban and rural areas
- Receive, count, and store items and record data, manually and/or using computer
- Pack, unpack, and mark items using identification tag, stamp, electric marking tool, or other labeling equipment
- Inspect and maintain ReStore vehicles
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files, processing paperwork and logging pickups in donor tracking system
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated familiarity with the Denver Metro area and suburbs
- Independent worker
- Working knowledge of general truck maintenance
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
- Excellent communication skills to assign tasks or to convey information to donors, volunteers, and staff
- Prior experience driving a box truck preferred (No CDL license requirements)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB:
- Ability to adequately traverse a retail store
- Climbing, jumping, lifting, carrying (minimum 100+ lbs. multiple times per day).
- Maneuvering, navigating, and driving large box trucks up to 26’
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment
WORK ENVIRONMENT & CONDITIONS:
- Ability to drive vehicles to pick up materials, supplies, and donated goods
- Able to navigate throughout the Denver Metro area and suburbs
- Valid driver’s license and ability to be insured under the company’s insurance policy is required
Starting hourly rate for this position is $20.00 with consideration given for applicable experience above the minimum qualifications.
Benefits available include medical, dental and vision insurance options; 401k savings match; paid Life Insurance and AD&D policy; Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Paid Time Off for vacation, sick, holidays, floating holidays, Healthy Families Workplace Act (HFWA) Leave; Parental Leave and paid time to volunteer.
Please send resume or work history and statement of interest to HRRecruiting@habitatmetrodenver.org for consideration.
At Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver, we value diversity and strive to ensure that our practices and policies are equitable ad inclusive. We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age (40 and older), sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status and gender identity or expression), pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), marital status, race, national origin (including ancestry), disability, creed, religion, genetic information, HIV status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. Habitat Metro Denver is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, dismissal, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
Habitat For Humanity of Metro DenverWhy Work Here?
Meaningful work serving the community, great benefits, and generous PTO for eligible employees.
Imagine a world where everyone has a decent place to live, and YOU have the opportunity to impact people every day through your work. Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver has seen dramatic growth in the last five years. It’s an exciting time to join our team!