Habasit America Middletown, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
Optimization of effectiveness and efficiency of existing manufacturing plants and processes
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION:
- Responsible for maintaining manufacturing job integrity and working with production control when deviations are applicable.
- Oversee documentation to include approval and change management for process instructions and flow schemes of regular / existing products.
- Reviews all processes for regular / existing products, trouble shoots and suggests process improvements
- Manages quality process, assists in determine root cause and potential resolution
- Implement lean projects with focus on process stabilization and/ or improvement.
- Supports all lean projects and process enhancements
- Performs risks analysis and recommends abatement procedures
- Conducts research and testing, to design and develop new products and optimize existing products
- Conducts research to design and develop tools, engines, machines, controls, equipment, modifications in sequence of operations, and mechanical processes in conjunction with Manufacturing Engineering and outside consultants, required for process improvement and product development and initiates CER when required.
- Chooses and implements analysis and testing techniques used in the test characterization of materials and coordinates physical testing and evaluation of raw materials and finished products in order to establish comprehensive new product specifications and is also responsible to maintain current product specifications.
- Evaluates competitors’ products and materials, including patent information, to contribute to the establishment of benchmarks for new products.
- Investigates and resolves work-in process problems and daily operating variances.
- Develops and implements production/ processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most cost effective manner.
- Train managers/associates on new products, including raw materials, manufacturing procedures, product specifications and properties, and applications related characteristics
- Coordinate R&D efforts with Marketing, Manufacturing, and Quality Assurance regarding product feasibility and time frames for product development and maintain updates on project status utilizing approve project management tool.
- Adopt and utilize ISO 9000 procedures.
- Direct involvement and travel to existing and potential customers for design of new products.
- Interacts with Suppliers, Consultants, Customers, Universities, etc.; to support duties above.
- Management (updating / adjusting) of existing BOM’s
- Responsible for product and material certifications / approvals by appropriate agency when required: NSF, USDA, USDA Dairy, EU, Reach
COMPETENCIES/SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING PREFERRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements/preferences listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Preferred – Associates/Bachelor’s Degree in Related field.
- Required - Associates / Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Preferred - Minimum 3 to 5 five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Required – Read, Write and Comprehend English.
- Required – Strong computer skills for Epicor Excel, Word
- Preferred – Strong Analytical Skills
Powered by JazzHR
ManufacturingView all jobs at Habasit America