Shear Cut Machine Operator - Mon. - Thur. (6a - 5p) Friday (6a-12p)
- Posted: May 18, 2022
- $20 Hourly
Monday - Thursday 6a.m. - 5p.m. and Friday 6a.m. - 12p.m.
$18 - $20 plus Overtime pay at 1.5 of base wage after 40 hours
Base pay starting at $18/hr. (additional for experience) - ability to earn up to $20/hr. or more (based on experience) with piece rate pay.
After 60 days of employment, you start to earn PTO - accrue 64 hours your first year in addition to paid holidays. Accrue 80 hours of PTO after your first year.
Haala Industries, Inc. has been a leader in the manufacturing of specialized metal fabricated products for the past 47 years. Our innovative abilities along with using the latest technology of high-definition plasma cutters and robotic welders keeps us in the competitive market.
Our main office in Sleepy Eye, MN is looking for an entry-level Shear Cut Machine Operator in Production to join our team. Do you enjoy or think you would like to be a part of performing a variety of construction and maintenance related work in the manufacturing and production process of metal fabricated products? If you would like to work for an established and growing company and have a part in the development of its product for its customers, then this may be the right job for you. We are happy to train those with no experience and pay extra for those with qualified experience.
Essential functions include:
- Comply with all safety regulations, practices and programs by maintaining a clean and orderly work area and adhering to company OSHA safety guidelines at all times.
- Comply with all Personal Protection Equipment requirements.
- Promote a safe work environment for all staff, vendors and customers.
- Set-up and operate Shear Cut Machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Adjust machine settings to complete tasks according to specifications and production demands.
- Operation of light, medium and heavy equipment including a forklift.
- Operation of various hand-operated tools related to steel fabrication.
- Maintains and performs daily inspections of equipment.
- Cleans and maintains workstation to be used daily in the production process.
- Regular, timely attendance to meet organizational needs in an efficient and effective manner.
- Performs special projects or assignments as directed.
- Any other miscellaneous tasks assigned by management at any given time and in any given area.
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Prior forklift and operator experience a plus
- Able to use hand tools.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse work environment with all levels of employees.
- Flexibility - adaptable to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Demonstrate pattern of positive attitude, strong work ethic, dedication, dependability and timeliness.
- Basic mathematics skills and the ability to read and use a measuring tape.
- Able to read, understand and speak the English language and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds frequently. If over 50 pounds, must be able to operate a forklift or crane. Also, must be able to push or pull a cart with 80 pounds of force.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders. Must be able to step up to 20 inches.
- Ability to work standing up to 11 hours a day.
- A strong commitment to building and maintaining a positive culture.
- Ability to work in extreme seasonal temperature conditions.
If you are a dedicated and hard worker who wants to either learn a new skill of welding or want to advance your current level, have the above skills and want to work for a successful long-standing company where they value their employees and their employees' value each other, then please apply. Haala Industries knows the critical roll employees have on the company's overall success and thanks them for their contributions by investing in their future.
We offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs that include medical, dental, vision, health saving account, 401k, PTO and paid holidays.
Haala Industries is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Haala Industries