Heavy Equipment Mechanic / Warehouse Technician
- $29 to $32 Hourly
This position must have general mechanical experience. Requires individual to work under the supervision of the
General Manager and Service Writer. Individual will receive work assignments and schedule on a daily basis. Perform
assigned tasks per schedule and process all required documentation. Must be able to communicate effectively with
customers and internal staff, regarding repairs. Ability to check in stock orders and put inventory on shelves accurately.
Ability to safely pack and ship parts as orders come in.
- Perform repairs on customer equipment as directed by the GM or Service Writer, in indoor or outdoor
- applications and in dirty or foul environments.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance on customer’s equipment.
- Perform required maintenance on Company owned equipment.
- Report and track time worked on jobs accurately.
- Complete repair orders as outlined with efficiency and accuracy.
- Diagnose and perform repairs.
- Ability to determine the proper tools and equipment needed for a job.
- Operate, monitor and control equipment or systems to diagnose and perform repairs on equipment
- Inspect equipment to determine if additional work is required.
- Ability to remain stationary, position or traverse equipment to properly diagnose repairs. Also be able to
- position parts up to 50 pounds into place for proper installation.
- Save and tag parts per factory warranty guidelines if a warranty repair.
- Create parts list for required repairs.
- Read and understand electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics and drawings.
- Notify General Manager and Service Writer if additional work is required or items listed on service order are not
- Notify General Manager and Service Writer if repairs cannot be completed within time frame promised.
- Supervise work of apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Must be able to perform basic fabrication jobs such as cutting, measuring, torching, welding, etc.
- Maintain Shop Cleanliness
- Keep up to date with factory training, tech tips and service bulletins.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures, report any safety issues and accidents to manager.
- Accurately count and check in stock orders
- Safely operate fork lift to unload shipments and put stock orders on shelves.
- Review shipping or receiving orders and requests for movement of materials and products.
- Supervises salvage, storage, and rotation of warranty claim parts for factory return or disposal.
- 2-5 years of mechanical experience working on hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems, or heavy equipment
- maintenance experience.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot equipment systems.
- Ability to identify component failures, worn or damaged parts, and must be able to perform quality repairs.
- Ability to work well with customers as well as internal staff.
- Ability to obtain a class B license within 120 days after hire date.
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75lbs.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, squat and sit for long periods of time as repair requires.
- Must be able to work overhead for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to push and/or pull with up to 25lbs of pressure.
- Ability to grasp and hold tools with both hands as repair requires.
5+ years of mechanical experience working on hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems, or heavy equipment
Prior experience working on product lines that we offer.
At Haaker Equipment Company, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. Haaker is an equal-opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protect under federal, state, or local law. Haaker Equipment Company will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can perform the essential function of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to the individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation and/or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to Haaker Equipment Company. Contact the HR Manager with any questions or requests for accommodation.
Our people are our most important asset.
Heavy Equipment Dealership with five branchs across three states (Californa, Nevada and Arizona).
Haaker Equipment CompanySpring Valley, CA
AutomotiveView All Haaker Equipment Company Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.