POSITION: Mechanical Assembly (BATAVIA, OH)
SHIFTS: 1st Shift – 9/80 schedule
Week 1 (Monday – Thursday) 6:00 am – 3:30 pm
Week 2 (Monday – Friday) 6:00 am – 2:30 pm
COMPENSATION: $15.00 /hr.
COMPANY INFORMATION: Our company is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, they develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.”
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES: Our company currently working on two major projects; Mechanical Assembly of Mobile-Ready Shelters and Mobile Communication Trailers. Employees are responsible for following blueprints and communicating with coworkers in order to efficiently assemble equipment. Employees must be mechanically inclined and proficient in using hand and power tools with no training or help needed.
- Mechanical background within manufacturing
- Hand & power tool experience
- Blueprint reading
· Prior military equipment manufacturing experience, active military/ military veteran status
· Construction background
· Automotive background
· Machine operation experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
· Performs all work in accordance with safety and workmanship and good housekeeping specifications
· Frequent lifting and pushing of up to 50 lbs., repetitive motion, occasional lifting and pushing up to 75 lbs.
· Ability to climb ladders, bend, kneel, work overhead with arms, and sit or stand for several hours at a time
· Eye/hand coordination required, with steady and agile hands to operate equipment and tools
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
· Ability to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as required per plant rules
Transferable Skills: CNC, Mill, Lathe, , Blueprints, Hand and power tools, Manufacturing and Setup. Mechanic, Operation, Military