IT Security Administrator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
HYAS is looking for a highly motivated and experienced IT Security Administrator, to join our team of Security professionals. The successful candidate will not only be a quick learner, but also show the ability to work as part of a team and feel equally confident in an unsupervised environment This is a fully REMOTE opportunity.
- Performs user and access administration on designated systems and applications
- Performs system security administration on designated technology platforms, including operating systems, cloud applications and host security devices, in accordance with industry best practices and vendor guidelines
- Performs installation and configuration management of IT, and security systems and applications, including policy assessment and compliance tools and host-based security systems
- Performs threat and vulnerability assessments, in some cases followed by appropriate remedial action, to ensure that systems are protected from known and potential threats and are free from known vulnerabilities.
- Collates security incident and event data to produce monthly exception and management reports
- Performs normal and exceptional processing of user access and change requests, escalating such requests when appropriate
- Reports security exposures, misuse of resources or noncompliance situations
- Develops and maintains documentation for IT, and security systems and procedures
- Researches, recommends, evaluates and implements cybersecurity solutions that identify and/or protect against potential threats, and respond to security violations
- Event Management/SIEM Management
- Identity and Access Management
- Infrastructure Protection
- Risk and Control Assessment
- Threat and Vulnerability Management
- Security Engineering
- Develop scripts and tools to automate routine tasks and improve efficiency.
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
Qualifications / Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration or a closely related field.
- 6+ years of experience as a System Administrator, with a focus on server management, virtualization, and security.
- 3+ years of experience in software development, with a strong knowledge of at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Java, PHP, etc.).
- Experience with VMWare, SAN’s, Microsoft AD DS, Azure, AWS, SQL Server, and Hybrid Exchange / MS Office 365 environment.
- Sound understanding of network principles: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, VPN, VLAN’s.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical members of the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands.
- Provide technical support to internal stakeholders, including employees, managers, and executives.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
We’re not fans of mediocrity in any form, and we ask a lot of our team. In return, we provide top-tier benefits — including health, dental, vision, life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability — competitive salary, flexible hours, and generous paid time off.
HYAS is an equal opportunity workplace. We seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, neurodiversity, or any other status protected by law.
HYAS Infosec Inc.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
Get fresh Motivated Security jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.