Founded in 1975, Houston Wire & Cable Company (NASDAQ: HWCC) is one of the largest distributors of electrical wire and cable and related services in the U.S. industrial distribution market. The June 2010 acquisition of Southwest Wire Rope, LLP and Southern Wire, LLC broadened the Company’s product offering to include mechanical wire and cable and related hardware. With strategically located sales and distribution centers throughout the U.S., our team is focused on providing a single-source solution. We are committed to providing our customers value by offering high levels of industry experience, superior customer service, and a large selection of quality in-stock items.
We're seeking a Warehouse Material Handler to join our team!
- 1-2 Years of Warehouse Experience
- High School Diploma or GED Preferred
- Previous experience with wire & cable products is desired, not required
- Previous experience operating a forklift desired, not required
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Packing, pulling, cutting, scanning, and labeling of shipments for customers
- Managing reels of wire and cable (both inbound and outbound)
- Weighing and wrapping of reels & skids for shipping, loading of delivery trucks
- Stocking and moving inventory in the warehouse
- Receiving of inventory and performing quality checks on materials received
- Inputting received material into the computer system
- Other warehouse tasks as assigned
Houston Wire & Cable Company (hereinafter referred to as “HWC”) and all subsidiaries provide(s) equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Learn more at www.houwire.com.