Packaging Machine Operator
Packaging Machine Operators work as part of the food production team. The packaging operator sets the stage for when the consumer comes into first contact with our product. The team is focused on safety, contributing, and providing for the community. If you like practical hands-on work, you prefer working with real-world materials, tools, and machines, and you want to do a job that helps make someone else’s life easier. Then Tyson is the company for you. In exchange for your contributions, we offer frequent pay reviews (every 90 days), career training programs, apprenticeship programs, health and wellness, and retirement savings plans.
Your role on a daily basis
Daily, Packaging Machine Operators count and record finished and rejected packaged items. They remove finished packaged items from the machine and separate rejected items.
• Stack finished packaged items.
• Wrap protective material around each item, pack the items in cartons or containers.
• Clean packaging containers, line, and pad crates.
• Attach identification labels to finished packaged items.
• Stock and sort product for packaging or filling machine operation and replenish packaging supplies.
• Inspect and remove defective products and packaging material.
What you bring to work each day
• You like work that follows set procedures and routines. You prefer working with data and details more than with ideas.
• You are Organized and efficient
• Easily follow procedures and routines
• A Dislike for ambiguity and disorder
• You are comfortable working in temperatures of 40 degrees, sometimes wet and humid
• You can lift and carry up to 40lbs
• Capable of standing for 8-12 hours a day
• Desire to learn and grow within a supportive organization
Shifts and Pay Schedules
• Second Shift works Monday through Friday from 1 PM until 10 PM
• Third Shift works Sunday through Thursday from 10 PM until 7 AM
The starting pay rate is $14.35 per hour to start; after 90 days, you convert to Tyson Payroll full time with Union benefits. The Tyson pay rate is $15.35, and you will receive an additional $1.00 per hour for the first year every 90 days. ($19.35 p/h after 15 months) You will also become a member of the Union and receive full union benefits.
HW Staffing Solutions
Why Work Here?We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, membership in or application to the uniformed services, physical or mental disability or any other classification protected by applicable law.
At HW Staffing Solutions our Mission is Connecting Great People with Great Companies, and we have been doing this for over 40 years!