Local Worcester Hospital is looking for a Full-Time medical secretary to perform secretarial duties utilizing specific knowledge of medical terminology and hospital, clinic, or laboratory procedures. Duties include scheduling appointments, billing patients, and compiling and recording medical charts, reports, and correspondence.
Job Duties and Task
1) Schedule and confirm patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries and medical consultations.
2) Compile and record medical charts, reports, and correspondence, using typewriter or personal computer.
3) Answer telephones, and direct calls to appropriate staff.
4) Receive and route messages and documents such as laboratory results to appropriate staff.
5) Greet visitors, ascertain purpose of visit, and direct them to appropriate staff.
6) Interview patients in order to complete documents, case histories, and forms such as intake and insurance forms.
7) Maintain medical records, technical library and correspondence files.
8) Operate office equipment such as voice mail messaging systems, and use word processing, spreadsheet, and other software applications to prepare reports, invoices, financial statements, letters, case histories and medical records.
9) Transmit correspondence and medical records by mail, e-mail, or fax.
10) Perform various clerical and administrative functions, such as ordering and maintaining an inventory of supplies.
Must Have High School Diploma
2 year Experience
Must be able to pass BCI and Drug Test
Microsoft word, Excel, Epic Experience a plus