Food Extrusion Operator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Extrusion Operator, Relocate to Minnesota
**Clara City, MN 56222: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)**
•The position would work a 12-hour shift from 6pm - 6am or 6am - 6pm
Summary / Objective:
The Extruder Operator is responsible for setting up and operating equipment in the extruder area in an efficient and productive manner. They are responsible for quality assurance of the product being processed.
- Start-up, run, troubleshoot, shut down, and clean the extruder machine.
- Coordinate production runs with supervisor to ensure orders are completed on time.
- Communicate with the operator you are relieving to gain knowledge of the present state of the equipment and production run.
- Quality Control for dough, letting the mixer know if the dough does not have the correct consistency to run.
- Monitor and record the salt, caustic, temperature, density, and moisture levels of the product. Bring any issues to the attention of the lead or supervisor overseeing the shift.
- Verify the size, color, and shape of the product.
- Consistently monitor product quality and bring any issues to the attention of the lead or supervisor overseeing the shift.
- Effectively communicate with all departmental operators.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Follow personal hygiene and GMP Requirements.
- Safety oriented and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Must be able to follow specific directions.
Production - Exposure to manufacturing environment. Require frequent moving and climbing. Frequent exertion of light to moderate physical effort. Exposure to noise, odor, dust and discharge from production process.
Light Heavy Work - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
High School Degree or Equivalent
A minimum of 2+ years of previous food extrusion machine operator experience, Strong mechanical aptitude. Great communication skills. Ability to read and interpret process instructions from Manuals. Ability to perform basic math functions.
1. Take personal responsibility to engage in plant and food safety practices to prevent hazards that cause foodborne illness or injury and provide a clean, safe work environment and quality products with applicable regulatory laws and SQF code.
2. Qualified and trained individual will provide as a back-up in the event of an absence of another employee.
3. Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
4. Effectively document all process parameters and bring any deviations, including food safety problems, to supervisor’s attention.
5. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
6. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
HW Staffing SolutionsWhy Work Here?
At HW Staffing Solutions we recognize the value of our employee associates as equally as our clients. We are passionate about our jobs.
At HW Staffing Solutions we recognize the value of our employee associates as equally as our clients. We are passionate about people and improving the lives of every associate, we do this by connecting you with great companies and great opportunities. We celebrate our awesome diversity, believe that everyone has a unique talent, and appreciate the passion and perspectives that each of us bring to the table. Discover a new way to work together with a company that is focused on offering the best opportunities, benefits and career advancement in Accounting & Finance, Office & Administrative, Light Industrial, Engineering, Professional , Technical, Call Center, Food Processing, Healthcare and Hospitality.