Senior Electrical Design Engineer sought - San Antonio TX
Our client is a consulting engineering firm providing single-source MEPR (mechanical, electrical, plumbing and refrigeration) engineering analysis and design for both new construction and existing building remodels. In addition, they offer building performance modeling, energy simulations and feasibility studies for sustainable and energy-efficient facility energy systems.
To support their rapid growth, they seek an experienced Sr. Electrical Designer and/or Electrical Engineer with project management experience to join the San Antonio team. Ideal candidates will be able to design Commercial Building Electrical Systems while maintaining positive relationships with clients and vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The right candidate will be well-qualified to provide leadership and management to a group of design engineers in performing Electrical system design and document production of small and large projects.
- Participate in conceptual design for specific projects.
- Performs deliverables and products such as calculations, drawings, and specifications related to electrical, fire alarm and special systems.
- Performs site inspections to determine compliance with construction documents and resolves design issues during the construction phase.
- Be responsible for Code Compliance.
- Manage junior engineers and designers; assign and prioritize workload for the team.
- Maintain responsible control over all design activities pertaining to the project, including engineering, quality control, and code compliance.
- Performs calculations for a project, such as wire and conduit sizing, panel and breaker sizing, fault current calculations, light fixture specifications and photometric design.
- Comply with project schedules, regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Assess and anticipate deliverables, prepares budget and schedule, and communicates resource requirements to senior management.
- Represent the firm in project meetings covering technical issues, including meetings with utilities, owners, contractors, construction subcontractors, and inspectors.
- 5 to 10 years or more of experience within the MEP industry related to commercial and industrial building; MEP Project Management experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of Electrical design to include lighting, power, low voltage and fire alarm; Ability to read electrical drawings well. Generate and review engineering deliverables in a timely manner.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering. Other engineering disciplines are considered based on experience and skill set.
- AutoCAD/design experience. Revit Knowledge a plus.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities, as well as demonstrated high quality technical writing skills and proficiency in English.
- Team player with sound business ethics and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to achieve project goals and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors, in order to develop a full understanding of building systems and their operation.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license preferred but not required.
The company offers a very competitive base and bonus compensation package as well as an excellent benefits package including 401k with an attractive match offer.