Heating Ventilating Air Conditioning Project Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Manage all phases of the HVAC pre-construction and construction process
- Review and negotiate contracts with contractors, subcontractors and vendors
- Develop, update and manage project schedules and budgets
- Communicate project status to all necessary parties
- Knowledge of the building and construction industry
- Develop and review project schedules.
- Secure, review and submitting trade shop drawings and equipment submittals for the project engineer’s approval.
- Release and track equipment orders.
- Attend project site meetings and walk-through's and in house meetings.
- Schedule site deliveries and building system shut-downs.
- Prepare, price, and submit change orders, RFI’s and all other necessary paperwork to complete job
- Prepare project Operation & Maintenance manuals and close out documents.
- Prepare miscellaneous proposals.
- Proficient computer skills including Outlook, Excel, Word. Familiar with Procore a plus
- Professional verbal and written communication skills. Detail and accuracy focused.
- Able to work well under little supervision and also in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have supervisory skills to plan, direct, organize, and control the activities of others with limited supervision.
- Strong and in-depth knowledge and understanding of HVAC and refrigeration systems
- Advanced understanding of layout, design, fabrication, and installation of HVAC/R systems
- Ability to read, interpret, utilize and train on manuals, schematics and control circuits related to HVAC and refrigeration systems
- Ability to motivate, manage, and train a team of employees at various skill levels
- Knowledge of state and local codes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with construction scheduling software
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while under pressure
- Ability to create strategy and goals for team productivity and quality of work
- Strong troubleshooting and conflict resolution skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION & TRAINING
- 4-year degree in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management
- Background with HVAC systems and design
- 5+ years
- Commercial fit out and infrastructure experience is preferable
HVAC Construction IncWhy Work Here?
Great work environment and lot of room for growth in an expanding company.
HVAC Construction has a dedicated and detailed team of project managers that are heavily invested in each job we take on. We spend time reviewing each project to understand the engineers design intent and how each system should operate on final completion. We are proactive rather than reactive, and believe in identifying any possible conflicts at the beginning of a project, while working to coordinate with all trades for a seamless installation.
530 7th AveNew York, NY