Purpose: To manage the food and beverage departments of the hotel to include food preparation, food service and beverage service so as to maintain established operational standards and maximize profits of the hotel.
- Monitor and manage budgeted revenue and net operating income. Assure that the budgeting process is performed accurately and efficiently.
- Develop and implement action items and provide support and guidance in restaurant/bar/room service/pantry outlet to achieve or exceed budgeted revenue and net operating income goals.
- Work closely with the management team, and have primary responsibility for the development of all food & beverage programming.
- Oversee the development and implementation of Standard Operating & Service Procedures for restaurant, room service and bar based on brand standard guidelines.
- Ensure that labor and expense guidelines are adhered to in order to maintain budgeted expenses.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly forecasting.
- Establish and enforce specific Standard Operating Procedures.
- Promote guest satisfaction throughout the operation.
- Supervise and provide leadership to all Food & Beverage personnel
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner either directly or through SALT
- Monitor industry trends, take appropriate action to maintain competitive and profitable operations.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in the Food & Beverage department.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Organize and conduct department meetings on a regular basis.
- Monitor quality of service and product.
- Initiate menu planning and preparation.
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations and all other Food & Beverage related life/safety and other legal compliance in accordance with federal and local laws.
- Select, train, discipline, and develop personnel with the department.
- Maintain high level of service and product quality with exceptional guest service skills and satisfaction.
- Compliance of all safety programs. Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager
Education: Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
Experience: Minimum of 4 years of experience in food & beverage management, preferably hotel.
- Ability to interpret financial and operational data into operational plan
- Ability to lead and direct a team.
- Strong time management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other team members.
- The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Department schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays and special events as needed. Ability to work extended hours when business necessitates