HUM Nutrition is seeking a Senior Financial Controller. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial company in the beauty and wellness space. Reporting to the COO, the candidate will lead both FP&A and Accounting operations, with the opportunity to establish financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems, develop budgets and forecasts, and manage their own finance team.
Controller Job Duties:
- Lead preparation of management accounts – P&L, BS and CF
- Ensure cash controlled with visibility of spend, tax and insurance paid
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Financial Planning and Analysis:
- develop detailed revenue, balance sheet and cash flow forecasts
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Management: and Fiscal
- Collaborate effectively with other departments, including operations, development, sales and marketing
- Liaison with tax accountants, auditors, bankers, insurance brokers, lawyers, etc
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
Controller Skills and Qualifications:
· 4+ years blue-chip Accountancy firm background and then 4+ years relevant industry experience.
· Ability to be a strong, clear communicator with Leadership Team
· Ideal experience will be in Ecommerce and/or beauty, health or wellness
· Proven experience with accounting for Inventory, incl ERB (systems and implementation).c
· Proven results in managing a Finance team
· Proven experience in Managing Processes, ERB, Financial Software, Developing Standards, Audit, Accounting, Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information, Developing Budgets, Performance Management