SECRET Cleared Full Stack Developer
HUBZone HQ Seattle, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $89,000 to $120,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision
HUBZone Headquarters (HUBZone HQ) is pleased to be recruiting a full time Full Stack Developer for a multiyear role and career with us with familiarity working with foreign nations and experience working for the federal government or as a contractor. The chosen candidate will be intimately involved in being able to design strategies, author, staff, and manage Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for products to bring special expertise and teaming arrangements in support of NATO iHub (Innovation Hub Laboratory Capability) software development products and services; truly a tip of the spear effort for NATO's defense transformation command, NATO Allied Command Transformation. Come work for NATO's tech think tank!
In the past years many NATO nations started Innovation focused initiatives within military domain to capitalize on the unprecedented acceleration of technological development, primarily within the commercial sector. The developments in the US (NSIN, Air Force Kessel Run Lab), Germany (Cyber Incubators), France (AID), UK (DSTL) paved the way to joint efforts with NATO. Consequently NATO had established a senior level Innovation Board at NATO HQ chaired by the Deputy Secretary General.
The NATO Innovation Board confirmed ACT’s role to “… play the leading role for innovation in NATO.” With this mandate, ACT has rearranged its internal structure to effectively meet the ambitions of NATO nations.
The iHub provides a space to test hypotheses and solutions turning ideas into user-centric Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) through close collaboration of end users and developers. The Lab provides an incubator environment where ideas will come to life rapidly following the best practices of Agile DevSecOps from industry and the latest research from academia. The Lab operational model is being developed incrementally, and the close collaboration with all stakeholders will shape its culture, processes and toolset.
To successfully coordinate innovation activities across partner networks it is essential to establish basic guidance and rules orchestrating interactions via a common framework. This framework will help to better capitalize on larger network capabilities, help avoid duplication of work, and promote reuse of products.
As the list of project requirements grows, a need for an agile methodology contractor with SDLC management experience will help the Program leadership team set strategy, align, and manage the procurement of solutions to help NATO Nations make informed decisions and win their edge with the latest world-class capabilities and tool support.
The Full Stack Developer shall be considered based on type and years experience in the following key areas:
• Experience with REST APIs design and development
• Experience with Microservices Architecture
• 2 or more years’ within the last 4 years’ experience in front-end development (e.g. React, Angular, etc…) and/or
• 2 or more years’ within the last 4 years’ experience in back-end development (e.g. Node.js, Django/Flask, SpringBoot, etc…) and/or
• 2 or more years’ within the last 4 years’ experience in database design and programming (mySQL, PostgreSQL, etc…)
· Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
· Able to work in a balanced team, driving technical feasibility for the product backlog
· Able to pick up and learn new languages and frameworks
· Can work in a pair programming environment
· Understand CI/CD concepts of software delivery
· Knowledgeable about building and maintaining a product’s CI/CD pipeline
· Adopts industry best practices, with a security first mindset
• Fluent in English (written and Oral).
Education & Certifications
• University degree in Computer Science or related discipline OR 5 years’ experience as a Full-Stack Engineer with several development-related certifications
HUBZone HQWhy Work Here?
Fast-growing company, upward mobility, low red-tape
HUBZone HQ is a veteran-owned HUBZone small business that specializes in engineering, management consulting, administrative support, and R&D services across all geographies in support of US government clients including the US Joint Staff, US Navy, US Army, US Air Force, and various US government agencies.