We at HubZone Headquarters are hiring a long term funded opportunity for a SECRET clearance cleared and experienced naval life cycle maintenance and planning/documentation engineer comfortable working for SURFMEPP for awarded and funded work available NOW.
Join us and receive full per diem to various ship sites, be part of a company that appreciates what you do and works with you to lead contracts and move up financially should you wish to work in leadership, two weeks paid time off, generous performance bonuses and employee referral bonuses, 401K beginning 15 October, as well as medical/dental/vision for those that want it.
Please apply immediately for consideration and an interview with the Navy Program team!
This Life Cycle Maintenance and Planning Engineer maintains, monitors, and refines Class-wide and Individual-Ship Maintenance Plans for Navy non-nuclear surface ships to ensure material readiness for the projected service life, develop life-cycle strategies to address system upgrades, and fully implement the Class Maintenance Plan into each surface ship's maintenance schedule and availability planning process.
This is an immediate opening for full-time position providing engineering support to the Surface Maintenance Planning Program (SURFMEPP) located at the Norfolk Naval Shipyard in Portsmouth, VA. SURFMEPP maintains, monitors, and refines Class-wide and Individual-Ship Maintenance Plans for all non-nuclear surface ships to ensure material readiness for the projected service life, develop life-cycle strategies to address system upgrades, and fully implement the Class Maintenance Plan into each surface ship's maintenance schedule and availability planning process.
The Maintenance Engineers act as the Subject Matter Experts concerning the collection, reconciliation, compilation, analysis and presentation of current and historical data from multiple Surface Warfare enterprise databases to maintain ship repair budgeting based on notional technical requirements for the expected service life of the class. Work products support the creation of class specific Technical Foundation Papers with the overall goal of ensuring ships reach the expected service life. Specific duties include:
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk assessments, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
- Performs analyses at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance, modernization and disposal
- Ensures the logical and systematic incorporation of maintenance requirements into total availability solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Conducts research, designs, develops, performs T&E for ships, ship systems and associated subsystems
- Analyzes complex ship systems product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs that can be produced or maintained by existing processes or infrastructure
- Evaluates new advanced technologies for application in meeting or extending the service life of ships or ship systems
- Plans, coordinates, directs, and evaluates testing of complex ship systems
- Performs risk assessments of advanced ship systems and generates risk mitigation plans and strategies
- Conducts modeling (e.g., computer models), simulation, analysis, and assessment of capabilities and systems
- Uses engineering level models to support studies of HM&E systems and combat systems
- Provides independent maintenance effectiveness, expected service life and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) assessments of ships and ship systems
- Liaison with the NAVSEA Technical Warrant Holders, Ship Design Managers, In-Service Engineering Agents to submit requests for information in support of determining requirements for identified engineering systems and components
- Interface with Type Commander and Regional Maintenance Center maintenance staff, as well as other maintenance stakeholders, to obtain maintenance execution and material condition data of Surface Navy vessels for evaluation of future depot maintenance needs
- Supervises and mentors less experienced employees
- Demonstrates ability to follow direction and work within a team
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly MS Excel
Why Work Here?HUBZone HQ is a veteran-owned HUBZone small business that specializes in engineering, management consulting, administrative support, and R&D services across all geographies in support of US government clients including the US Joint Staff, US Navy, US Army, US Air Force, and various US government agencies.
Fast-growing company, upward mobility, low red-tape