- Provides clerical/administrative support to one or more areas of HR, such as recruitment and staffing, personnel records, employee or labor relations, compensation, benefits, training or equal opportunity/affirmative action.
- Processes various applications, employment, enrollment, pay change, informational and other confidential forms and records.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, screens calls, and refers to proper manager for handling. Handles routine inquiries.
- Maintains employment resumes, application forms, and applicant flow logs. Places job orders with state job service and classified advertisements in local newspapers. Sorts responses and transmits to appropriate hiring manager.
- Provides human resources orientation to newly hired employees regarding organization policies and programs. Enrolls employees in various programs. Introduces new employees to supervisors and job instructors.
- Counsels employees on benefit plan provisions.
- Administers pre-employment screening tests and responds to routine questions.
- Answers routine inquiries from inside and outside the organization on employment verifications, benefits claim processing, and job openings in line with written policy on these matters.
- Maintains and distributes current employee information, policy and procedure manuals and other communications.
Some coursework after high school
Between 3 and 5 years
Licenses and Professional Certifications
Accountability;Attention to Detail;Customer Service;Teamwork
Administrative Organization; Database Research Skills; Knowledge of EEO Activities; Knowledge of HR Disciplines; Records Management; Technology Skills