Precision Ag Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
HTS Ag is looking for a Technician to add to our team!
Job Purpose/Summary Statement:
Primary function for this position is to assure customer service goals of HTS Ag are met with each customer that the technician comes into contact with. Primary responsibility of the technician is to provide support on products involving customer service, installations, service plans, and training. Secondary responsibility is to research and develop, build, troubleshoot, and support cabling and receivers used by HTS Ag. Tertiary responsibility will be to focus on company activities and all products and services that HTS Ag markets throughout its entire geographic area.
This position can be dispatched from home - driving to our physical office daily is not necessary.
Specific Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Meet the goals established by the Service Manager for performance.
- Read and understand all the policies and procedures concerning employment at HTS Ag and ensure that these are being followed.
- Complete all required reports and forms in a timely and accurate manner.
- Always remembering that the FIRST PRIORITY IS THE CUSTOMER, and the technician is here to fully support that priority with quality customer service, second to none.
- Maintain accurate and up to date customer documentation with detailed information using the Connectwise contact management software program.
- Ensure that all company transactions are conducted in an ethical and prudent manner.
- Settle all customer complaints immediately or seek guidance of the Service Manager.
- Remain visible in the community and in the market place in which the company operates and provide a positive and professional image for HTS Ag.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date customer list with detailed account information using the Connectwise contact management software program.
- Be able to make professional and effective presentations to individuals and groups.
- Present potential sales opportunities to HTS Ag team in a timely manner.
- Through a coordinated effort with the purchasing staff, ensure the timely and accurate return of misquoted, improperly ordered, or improperly shipped product.
- Assist with inventory management and follow correct procedures to check out equipment as needed.
- Maintain a well-groomed, professional appearance appropriate for the position.
- May be required to attend trade shows, conventions, and seminars, read trade publications and complete scheduled training to enhance the professional knowledge or to promote the company. Trade show seminar attendance and training will be coordinated by the Management Team.
- Meet and communicate regularly with the Service Manager to ensure proper information flow and adherence to stated goals and objectives.
- Answer phone and hand off customers to appropriate staff when performing phone support.
- Check status of customer repairs is assigned and make necessary billing records in database as needed.
- Follow all instructions (written and verbal) as given by the Service Manager.
- Follow all the company and departmental Operating Procedures and policies.
- Attend required company and departmental meetings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Service Manager.
- Provide technical support for HTS Ag staff and customers as able.
- Ensure that your working area is kept clean and orderly.
- Other duties and tasks as may be directed from time to time by the Service Manager.
- Requires a High School Diploma (or equivalent) and adequate technical knowledge of the agriculture industry and technology. 2 or 4 year college degree preferred.
- Proficiency with business collaboration tools such as a MS Office applications and Outlook
- Experience with computer related functions in the area of word processing, spreadsheets, database, internet use and accounting.
- Superior customer service and communication skills
- Enthusiastic and dedicated to the challenge of helping other people
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to perform with little or no direct supervision
- Function collaboratively as part of a fast-paced, client oriented team
- Must be able to work with a variety of personalities both inside and outside of the operation.
Very heavy work (lift over 50 lbs.)
Other physical requirements (note - this position requires climbing grain bins and structures)
The employee frequently is required to sit for extended periods of time and use hands to operate computer keyboard, telephone and basic office equipment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear
Ability to drive company owned or personal vehicle
Mental Requirements: (as presently performed to accomplish essential functions)
Reading, Writing, Calculating
Social Interaction Skills
Works with Minimal Supervision
Other Mental Requirements (note below)
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Must be able to do routine business math calculations for project estimation, labor rates and routine project reporting. Must possess Customer Relations Skills in order to resolve any project-related issues with the customer as deemed by the Inside Sales Position.
- Ability to effectively speak, read and write English
Benefits include health, dental, life and disability insurance, Flex Plan, Company vehicle, Flexible schedule, PTO, 401K & More. Come explore the opportunities HTS Ag has to offer!
HTS Ag is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual identification or veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap, or any other legally protected status
ManufacturingView all jobs at HTS Ag