Our company is currently seeking a Bookkeeper to join our team! You will be responsible for preparing and examining financial records for our company.
- Maintain primary financial data for accounting records
- Compute and record numerical data
- Check the accuracy of business transactions
- Cost coding and Job Costing
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Perform data entry and administrative duties
- Perform general bookkeeping duties, including posting information to Quick Books Online (QBO) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Collaborate and communicate with employees, vendors, and customers to ensure the accuracy of financial transactions.
- Pay debts as they come due for payment, including necessary bills as well as supplier, vendor invoices and credit card accounts via check, ACH payment or other payment method(s) that may be utilized by the company. Ensure that all payments are made in a timely manner.
- Prepare the entry of expense transactions into QBO in a timely and accurate manner.
- Obtain necessary vendor information (including W-9 tax forms) from new vendors and maintain the vendor files and information within QBO.
- Prepare credit application information as requested/needed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare and complete monthly & annual General Excise tax filings and make tax payments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform reconciliations of bank/credit/vendor accounts on a regular (at least monthly) basis to ensure accuracy.
- Make deposits, record cash receipts into QBO and ensure the proper application of receipts in the appropriate QBO account(s) register(s).
- Ensure that receivables are collected in a timely manner and follow-up with collections in a timely manner as directed by management.
- Maintain an organized and streamlined accounting system and records (both physical and/or digital).
- Prepare financial reports as requested by management.
- Provide administrative support to management when required.
- Payroll (occasionally)
- Previous experience in accounting, finance, or other related fields
- Must have experience with Quickbooks Online
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong organizational skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented