Construction Project Manager
- Posted: 13 days ago
- $90,000 to $120,000 Yearly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
HSU Builders is proud to offer you a rewarding and challenging career with the best resources, opportunities, team culture, and customer loyalty of a local business. From renovating the White House Press Room to transforming the Smithsonian Institution’s Elephant Center and restoring the Marine Corps War Memorial – Iwo Jima, our portfolio speaks for itself. We handle projects of all sizes and complexity, as well as international construction services with assignments in 23 countries on 5 continents for the US Department of State. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a company that has a solid history of financial stability and a commitment to its clients. If you thrive on variety and new challenges, we want to meet you! For more information, visit our website www.hsubuilders.com.
The essential role of this position is to:
Effectively manage and execute assigned projects to include effective communication with superintendents, clients, and sub-contractors to ensure projects meet designated timelines and budgets.
1. Plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish.
2. Organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner
3. Ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
4. Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
5. Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports. Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored properly.
6. Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues.
7. Determine needed resources from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
8. Identify, track, manage and resolve project issues.
9. Chair progress meetings with Clients.
10. Prepare subcontracts and purchase orders.
11. Continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Proven experience as construction project manager. Well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures, and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results.
2. In-depth understanding of construction procedures, and material and project management principles.
3. Familiarity with quality standards, and health and safety requirements.
4. Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
5. Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
6. A team player with leadership abilities.
7. Familiarity with Project Management systems such as Timberline, Procore, CPM Scheduling.
1. Preferred but not required: Degree in Engineering or Construction Management from an accredited University.
2. PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage.
3. 3+ years of experience in Governmental and/or Commercial Contracting, with a local General Contractor.
507 N Frederick AveGaithersburg, MD
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?