Full-Time Biomedical Equipment Technician II or III - Aspen Valley Hospital
Location: Aspen, Colorado US
Aspen, Colorado US
Support HSS customers and team members by performing service work in accordance with established policies and procedures of the HSS Medical Equipment Management division in a variety of lab settings including a large nationally recognized research and medical center.
- Support our team of field service engineers by providing maintenance resources for a diverse laboratory equipment program.
- Support the customers by performing scheduled testing and maintenance work as well as servicing repairs on laboratory equipment.
- Support the operation of various accreditation lab programs to include: CAP, FDA, AABB and Joint Commission based equipment management program.
- Maintain customer contact via phone or in person on a regular basis.
- Maintain appropriate records for HSS and its customers.
- Travel overnight within the region up to 20%.
- AAS in Electronics or Laboratory Equipment Technology plus 2 years of recent experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong background in laboratory equipment maintenance and technology; certification preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Ability to use test equipment and general electronic testers.
- Ability to troubleshoot, refurbish, test, certify and all levels of preventive maintenance
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of individuals internal and external to HSS.
- Knowledge of pertinent laboratory certifications such as CAP, FDA, AABB and Joint Commission Medical Equipment Program(s).
- Ability to meet HSS' driving standards and maintain a valid Colorado driver license.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.