Necropsy Services Technician
- Medical , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
StageBio (www.stagebio.com) is a leading global provider of GLP-compliant clinical research and preclinical necropsy, histology, pathology, image analysis and specimen archiving services for the biopharmaceutical, medical device and contract research industries. In addition to a GLP/GCLP-compliant lab facility in Germany, we operate locations in VA, OH, MA and MD, with continued investment in facility and technology infrastructure planned to meet the demand for high-quality histopathology services. A growing team of board-certified Veterinary Pathologists, as well as over 75 laboratory technicians, are employed in support of our unified international commitment to quality, scientific integrity and client satisfaction.
StageBio is seeking a full-time Necropsy Services Technician to join our Frederick, Maryland facility. The Necropsy Services Technician regularly participates in necropsies; participates in maintaining regulatory documentation and necropsy equipment; assists the Team Leader with travel and necropsy scheduling; and meets client expectations as it relates to necropsy services.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Participate in the conduct of necropsies.
- Assist in defining study requirements for necropsies.
- Assist with scheduling, coordinating, and managing necropsies.
- Identify and maintain equipment and supplies to support Necropsy Services
- Conduct work to technical expectations and in compliance with GLPs.
- Assist in addressing technical questions with clients and staff.
- Assist in developing and maintaining all SOPs and business practices relating to Necropsy Services.
- Assist in maintaining documentation of training.
- May represent the Team Leader on specified necropsies.
- Detailed understanding of or willingness to learn laboratory animal necropsy procedures.
- Ability and willingness to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must be capable of understanding FDA regulations, Good Laboratory Practices and StageBio’s SOPs
- Be very detail-oriented with both routine lab tasks and paperwork
- Be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- High school diploma required
- Previous experience with lab animal necropsies preferred.
- Bachelors’ degree related to life sciences, or equivalent experience.
StageBio offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer sponsored health insurance, short-term and long-term disability, AD&D, life insurance for employees and dependents, flexible paid time off, 401(k) with match, and paid standard and floating holidays. Salary is commensurate with experience. StageBio is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Powered by JazzHR
HSRL Operating LLC, dba StageBioFrederick, MD
Get fresh Necropsy Services Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.