Staff Accountant - 1140519
- Posted: over a month ago
HSP Direct, an elite, direct mail fundraising agency based in Ashburn, VA, is looking for a Staff Accountant in our Client Accounting department. This position reports to the Vice President Administration. In addition to a great salary and benefits, HSP Direct offers a collaborative and fun culture where talent thrives, and career growth is nearly unlimited.
This position requires an attentive self-starter who will take ownership of assigned tasks and the challenges they present. It also requires someone who takes the initiative to identify problems or opportunities and address them.
The Staff Accountant- Client Accounting provides accounting support for the companies clients. The staff accountant will compile financial reports for each client and work collaboratively with the various departments to ensure that bills are paid, and revenue collected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process accounts payable invoices - transaction entry and processing
- Process cash receipts - transaction entry and processing
- Monitor daily cash balance
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc client reports, including balance sheets and profit and loss statements
- Assist in preparation of internal reports as needed
- Assist on other projects as needed
- Provide client customer service
- Assist in identifying opportunities in the accounting systems to streamline processes
- Detail oriented, quick learner, who can work at an above average pace.
- Takes initiative to identify problems or opportunities and address them.
- Strong communications skills and analytical skills.
- Work collaboratively in teams.
- Able to provide excellent client service.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or with an accounting emphasis preferred.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- At least 1-2 years experience in bookkeeping experience.
- Full time
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- 401(k) matching contribution
- Annual profit-sharing contribution
- Matching Gifts and Volunteer PTO
- Quarterly company-wide employee engagement activities
- Onsite fitness center
For more information on HSP Direct, visit https://www.hspdirect.com
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?