This position requires someone with the ability to work independently and interface directly with our federal client. The work involves cutting edge development of energy and water efficiency solutions in support of federal client and Prime Contractors working at NASA Langley Research Center (LaRC). Occasional travel is required.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Collect, calculate, review, and analyze trends in energy and water utilization data (with and without meters) for research and industrial facilities.
- Conduct walk-through and desktop energy/water audits (ASHRAE Level I, analogous to ASHRAE Level II, and inspections of client facilities) to identify opportunities for energy and/or water conservation and complete associated reports.
- Assist with identification, development, cost estimation, and implementation of energy/water projects and initiatives.
- Examine client equipment, facilities, and operations, such as wind tunnels and other industrial facilities, and provide consultation on opportunities for improving energy/water efficiency or reducing consumption.
- Review and draft revisions to official energy/water policy documents, metric reports, project documentation, presentations, and program plans.
- Review project specifications and designs to ensure compliance with applicable energy/water conservation regulations.
- Develop, implement, and lead energy and water conservation outreach and training efforts for contract/client personnel, such as Energy Action Month.
- Assist with client’s Energy Efficiency Team, including facilitating quarterly meetings, developing agendas/presentations, and recording meeting minutes.
- Provide support to other areas of the contract as required (e.g. facility multi-media audits), as well as support to other HSG customers and contracts when requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, or related fields.
- Demonstrated experience in calculating, interpreting, managing, and analyzing utility data (e.g., electricity, steam, water, natural gas).
- Demonstrated experience in performing energy/water audits on buildings and/or industrial facilities.
- Certified Energy Manager in Training (EMIT) or ability to become certified within the first six months of employment.
- Strong technical writing skills and computer literacy, particularly with spreadsheets and databases, and demonstrated communication skills
- Ability to gain and maintain clearance to work on a Federal government facility.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Experience using energy/water metering, monitoring and analysis software/tools.
- Must be a self-starting, multi-tasker with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a dynamic team.
- Knowledge of HVAC, lighting, and industrial plant equipment (e.g., compressors, cooling towers, etc.).
- Familiarization with ISO 50001, Energy Management Standard.
The HSG team is composed of energetic and qualified professionals who are committed to the company and its customers. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package and a positive work environment.
HSG is an Equal Opportunity, E-Verify Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
HSG LLCHSG, LLC is a woman-owned small business, established in 2008, to provide environmental and safety, emergency planning, and occupational health services. HSG was founded on its core values – integrity, commitment, and teamwork –and integrate these values into each solution to ensure that customer goals and objectives are achieved. The HSG team is composed of energetic and qualified professionals who are committed to the company and its customers. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package and a positive work environment. HSG is an Equal Opportunity, E-Verify Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.