The registered nurse (RN) is responsible for assessing, planning, providing and documenting nursing care for a designated group of residents in accordance with the physicians plan of care. The RN delegates and supervises care provided by certified nursing assistants (CNAs) and license practical nurses (LPNs). She coordinates services and care provided to assigned residents by other disciplines including respiratory therapists (RTs), phlebotomists, radiation technicians, dietitians, and others.
1. 2 years or experience in a skilled or acute care setting.
2. Experience working with ventilator dependent patients preferred.
3. Experience working with special needs children or young adults preferred.
1. Current RN license in the District of Columbia
2. Current CPR certification
1. Must be a graduate from an accredited nursing program.
2. Bachelor in science in nursing preferred
The incumbent will be responsible for the general direction for 2-3 staff members.