The position of Driver Transportation involves operation of the HSCSN/Hospital vehicles. To provide on a continuing basis, safe, timely, and efficient transportation for HSCSN members, patients, staff, and visitors.
Essential job duties:
1. Promotes the RELATE (Reassure, Explain, Listen, Answer, Take Action, Express Appreciation) culture and a culture of Family/Patient/Member Care.
2. Ensure familiarization with the departmental safety plan and execute all job responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner.
3. Responsible for safely operating all HSC vehicles.
4. Drives HSC vehicles to transport members, families, patients, staff, or other individuals on authorized trips. Transport supplies, makes pickups and deliveries throughout the entities.
5. Makes sure all members, families and passengers are properly secured in vehicle before proceeding on trips. Aids attendant in loading and unloading members, families, equipment and supplies as required.
6. Complies with local traffic regulations. Report delays, accidents, or any unusual occurrences in accordance with established HSCSN procedures. No moving violations.
7. Performs daily pre-trip inspections on vehicles and reports any maintenance deficiencies. Inspections include: checking tires for wear, horn, window shield wipers, windows, etc. Maintains adequate (no lower than tank) gas, oil, coolant, transmission and brake fluid levels to ensure safe operation. Also checks charge on fire extinguishers periodically and contents of first aid kits for completeness.
8. Keep interior and exterior of vehicle clean, maintain vehicle mileage logs, ability to operate 2-way radio/cellular telephone, always wears seatbelts when operating HSC vehicles.
9. Is able to read maps and find most timely route to destination, must be able to work independently at times, available during adverse weather and emergency conditions to work.
10. Perform other duties as requested by immediate supervisor or Director.
Must be 21 years of age or older, have a clean driving record, and at least two (2) years of driving experience. Ability to read and utilize maps to determine the shortest route to destinations, ability to operate all HSC vehicles in a safe, responsible and efficient manner, ability to communicate with the public, staff, and other drivers, ability to pass Criminal Background Check, Physical, and Drug Screen.
Valid drivers license, CDL license is accepted, Class C or higher with P endorsement. CPR certified or ability to obtain within six-month period. Must provide copy of drivers record annually, must be able to obtain DOT Medical Examiners Certificate.
High school graduate or equivalent (GED) required.
DC Residents are encouraged to apply!