Your talent. Our vision. At The HSC Health Care System, its a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we are creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and improved health outcomes for our communities. As a Customer Care Services Associate you will work to resolve customer phone inquiries related to claims, eligibility verification, prior authorizations, pharmacy related issues and more. You will utilize strong verbal and written communication, listening and organizational skills as well as problem-solving and reasoning skills to accomplish superior customer service. Further, you will demonstrate attention to detail, ability to work in an ever-changing work flow environment, patience, professionalism, and compassion while handling difficult customers and situations. A successful candidate will show flexibility and a customized approach when interacting with all types of member communication styles and personalities. Finally, a strong Customer Care Services Associate will take initiative and assume responsibility where appropriate.
Essential job duties:
1. Maintain 24/7 customer service access
2. Receive calls from customers, assess nature of call and transfer to appropriate department
3. Answer inquiries from customers; including education of benefit utilization, provider payment inquires, member enrollment questions, etc.
4. Utilize telephonic technology tools to ensure all customer issues are tracked and resolved in a timely manner
5. Own the member identification card creation process
6. Update and maintain member demographic database
7. Utilize Care Management Platform to accurately document all incoming calls associated with members, including the creation of notes and actionable tasks for care management and care navigation teams
Required Experience: 1. Minimum 2 years of experience in customer service, preferably in a managed care environment 2. Customer Service and Call Center experience preferred 3. Must have strong attention to detail. Ability to support mission, vision and values of HSCSN and make recommendations for improvements 4. Excellent customer relation skills 5. Proficiency with computer systems and applications, especially with Microsoft Word and have good typing skills 6. Communication skills that effectively establishes and maintains professional, working relationships 7. Excellent organizational skills