HSCSN is recruiting an experienced Communications Manager to join its Marketing and Outreach team. The Communications Manager will support the Director, Family and Community Development on all aspects of Member- facing Collaterol and Outreach, from inception, design, thru approval and implementation. The Manager will provide strategic planning and operational leadership in the design, development, and coordination of communications and marketing projects and event planning for HSCSN. The Manager will be involved at a strategic level and is responsible for day-to-day operational and project management.
Essential job duties:
- Partners with HSCSN Leadership and Management to understand organizational and public engagement objectives
- Supports the design, creation, and implementation of communications and marketing projects
- Creates internal work plans, dashboards, and project reports that meet project timelines, critical milestones and performance objectives
- Manages projects and team members to achieve deliverables
- Assists in monitoring workloads and development opportunities of junior team members
- Works with External Affairs team to research potential business innovations.
- Plans, researches, writes and edits internal and external communication materials.
- Identifies new marketing channels, including strategies for building new communications opportunities.
- Provides support to HSCSN Leadership and Management as directed with follow-up tasks across the spectrum of internal and external project assignments.
- Attend community events as a representative of HSCSN.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to the HSCSN Outreach team, as well as supporting HSCSN related activities in collaboration with HSC Health Systems External Affairs team.
- 5+ years of experience in public relations, communications, community outreach, or related work, including 3+ years account/project management experience that includes project management certification development, research, digital communications, and social media management. Agency experience, especially healthcare related, is preferred.
- Minimum education requirements include a bachelors degree in communications, business management or an equivalent field.
- Superior writing skills, to include content generation and the ability to edit materials prepared by others to ensure high-quality deliverables Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Good problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to articulate straightforward and creative solutions
- Ability to manage a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment on deadline.
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics
- Superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively, and a track record of working independently to represent an organization.
- Professional demeanor, and ability to engage vulnerable populations with sensitivity and compassion.
- Shows respect and sensitivity to the disability community, although previous disability experience is not required, and has a desire to work with diverse environments and cultures.
- Meeting planning experience
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non- professional audiences.
- Ability to negotiate and manage budgets throughout the projects life-cycle.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office required; experience or familiarity with programs such as Cision, Mail Chimp, ERP systems, Quick books a plus.
- Knowledge of AP writing style; traditional and emerging trends in public relations, advertising, marketing, and social media.
Bachelors Degree in Communication, Marketing, or related field