Veteran Owned Firm Seeking an Oracle DBA with Secret Clearance for Role on the West Coast
My name is Stephen Hrutka and I am the owner of a Veteran-owned firm in Washington, DC focused on Supply Chain, Strategic Sourcing, and Technical/Cleared Recruiting.
HRUCKUS helps other Veteran Owned businesses recruit for positions across the SBA, HHS, DARPA, and other cutting-edge R&D related defense agencies.
My newest 8A-owned client has a funded role an Oracle DBA with DoD Secret Clearance for a role on the West Coast.
If this role is not a fit for you but you may know someone, I am glad to offer a referral bonus for any successful placements.
Stephen M Hrutka
The DBA role includes the following responsibilities:
· Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing, education and production usage.
· Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases. The DBA works closely with system administration staff because computers often have applications or tools on them in addition to the Oracle Databases.
· Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances.
· Install new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and its tools and any other tools that access the Oracle database.
· Plans and implements backup and recovery of the Oracle database.
· Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
· Implements and enforces security for all of the Oracle Databases.
· Performs database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
· A good knowledge of the operating system(s) and Oracle database with minimum 10 Plus years of experience
· A good knowledge of physical database design
· Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios.
· Good skills in all Oracle tools.
· Sound knowledge of the applications sites
· Evaluates releases of Oracle and its tools, and third-party products to ensure that the site is running the products that are most appropriate. Planning is also performed by the DBA, along with the application developers and System administrators, to ensure that any new product usage or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.