Veteran Owned Firm Seeking Junior PM for Role in Alexandria, Virginia
My name is Stephen Hrutka and I am the owner of a Veteran-owned firm in Washington, DC focused on Supply Chain, Strategic Sourcing, and Technical/Cleared Recruiting.
HRUCKUS helps other Veteran Owned businesses recruit for positions across the SBA, HHS, DARPA, and other cutting-edge R&D related defense agencies.
One of our 8A-owned clients is looking to staff a Junior Project Manager in Alexandria, Virginia. The ideal candidate has 4+ years of PM experience, a Master's Degree, and expertise in project management principles and Microsoft Project.
The client is budgeting this role between $100,000-115,000 on W2 with benefits. Salary offered will be commensurate with experience and advanced certifications.
If this role is not a fit for you but you may know someone, I am glad to offer a referral bonus for any successful placements.
Stephen M Hrutka
Executive Summary: HRUCKUS is seeking a Junior Project Manager to support the National Center for Science and Engineering Statistics (NCSES) in Alexandria, Virginia. The ideal candidate has expertise in project management principles and Microsoft Project.
The National Center for Science and Engineering Statistics (NCSES) is one of thirteen federal statistical agencies in the United States. As part of its core activities, NCSES is responsible for collecting data on the science and engineering (S&E) enterprise, which includes education, workforce, and research and development (R&D).
NCSES is a relatively small, nimble organization that provides information to policy makers and researchers about the science and engineering (S&E) enterprise in the United States. NCSES uses surveys to collect and disseminate S&E information. NCSES is also responsible for producing two congressionally mandated reports and several other publications that both describe and interpret the state of the S&E enterprise. Due to NCSES’s small staff, the large number of data products that it disseminates, and the additional projects that it needs to undertake to ensure our data remains both relevant and credible, it is critical to the NCSES operate under optimal conditions. These conditions include strong communication between NCSES leadership and staff and a master schedule that documents all of NCSES' initiatives and publications.
• The Junior PM will help foster communication within NCSES (particularly between leadership and staff) and maintain the NCSES integrated master schedule (IMS)
• Since NCSES does not currently use a project manager, the ideal candidate will have expertise in project management principles and Microsoft Project
• In addition, the project manager is expected to take on an authoritative role (i.e., ability to not only act with very little supervision, but be able to foster a date drive culture into NCSES)
• The candidate will be expected to work intimately with NCSES leadership and staff to move publications through the process; thus, he/she will be expected to encourage staff to keep up with their assigned deadlines
Position Qualifications and Skills:
• Minimum of four years in the consulting field or other related Project Management experience
• Must demonstrate excellent oral and writing skills as well as superior analytic and problem-solving abilities
• Proficient in the use of Project Management tools and enablers to better support the overall objectives and goals of the program objectives
• Supports program management and leadership of client teams, analyzes project data, and develops appropriate deliverables
• Produces project status reports, verifies work plan completeness, and communicates with clients and project team members
• BS/BA Degree (Master's degree preferred)