Veteran Firm Seeking IT System Support Analyst for Assignment in Washington, DC
My name is Stephen Hrutka and I lead a Veteran-owned consulting firm in Washington, DC focused on strategic sourcing, supply chain, and IT Staffing.
We are looking to fill a IT System Support Analyst role for the District of Columbia for the DC Government.
If you're interested, I'd be glad to provide more details about the role and further discuss your qualifications.
This position must be filled as a W2/1099.
Stephen M Hrutka
The Office of Risk Management provides risk management direction, guidance and support to District government agencies through the following divisions:
- Workers' Compensation Program
- Risk Prevention and Safety Program
- Risk Insurance
- Tort Liability
The Office of Risk Management is looking for a systems analyst to support critical systems for the organization. The job description includes:
1. Analyze and refine systems requirements. Translate systems requirements into applications prototypes. Plan and design systems architectures. Write, debug, and maintain code. Determine and design applications architecture. Determine output media/ formats. Design user interfaces and work with customers to test applications. Assure software and systems quality and functionality. Integrate hardware and software components. Write and maintain program documentation. Evaluates new application software technology and ensure the rigorous application of information security/information assurances policies, principles, and practices to the delivery of application software services.
2. Ensure the installation, maintenance and porting of systems application software and approval of appropriate testing of new or modified system software. Direct system designers, engineers and programmers in the use of system software and utilities as related to application programs.
3. Direct the design and implementation of customized system software required by the software installations. Provides technical assistance to both developmental and technical staff in using systems software for the Data Centers.
4. Develop performance plans to test the functions of complex information processing systems. Provide expert advice and assistance in performance testing of state-of-the-art software/hardware solutions involving hardware of various capacities, multiple operating environments, database management systems, specialized software, data communication facilities and protocols using a variety of software tools.
5. Perform the necessary research and analysis to determine and document acceptable system performance thresholds. Ensure the completion of assigned projects is on time and meet established requirements.
6. Perform the oversight function of assigned District IT-related management reform plans to ensure that they are in alignment with program goals and priorities; identify performance measurements for success and a method for monitoring performance; identify measurable performance improvements.
7. Participate in the preparation of the information training materials for systems designers, engineers, programmers and operations personnel that describe effects and requirements for new and/or modified systems software. Organize and conduct appropriate training sessions.
8. Direct the application technical team to correct problems, analyze enhancements, perform quality control, and implement system changes.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skill/ Required / Desired Amount
Must have 3-5 years of experience working with an IT team on business/program functions required by a client/organization/ Required/ 4
Must have experience with requirements gathering and documentation/ Required/ 6
Mastery of advanced IT management principles, practices, organizational theory, and techniques of analysis and evaluation/ Required/ 6
Mastery of and skill in applying software design concepts and methods and knowledge of the relationships among multiple IT disciplines/ Required/ 6
Knowledge of business software applications, financial/accounting, budget, personnel/payroll systems, systems security and command and control/ Required/ 6
Knowledge of automated testing and performance/load testing software and its methodology and best practices/ Required/ 6
Mastery of and skill to apply software quality assurance industry standards to large scale IT implementations/ Required/ 6
Skill in written and oral communication sufficient to provide clear technical goals, objectives and work techniques that promote success/ Required/ 6
Ability to ensure all communications are clear and concise with follow-up on actions taken/ Required/ 6
Proactive problem solving skill and self-driven to deliver technology solutions/ Required/ 6
6-10 yrs planning, coordinating, and monitoring project activities/ Required/ 6
6-10 yrs leading projects, ensuring they are in compliance with established standards/procedures/ Required/ 6
Bachelors degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience/ Required