Veteran Owned Firm Seeking Communications Consultant
Greetings from HRUCKUS (Actual)!
My name is Stephen Hrutka and I am the owner of a Veteran-owned firm in Washington, DC focused on Supply Chain, Strategic Sourcing, and Technical/Cleared Recruiting.
HRUCKUS helps other Veteran Owned businesses recruit for positions across the SBA, HHS, DARPA, and other cutting-edge R&D related defense agencies.
One of our Veteran-owned clients has the requirement for a Communications Consultant
Please see below for full details – Client preferences is for Veterans and/or Citizens capable of getting a DoD Clearance.
Glad to discuss further.
Stephen M Hrutka
Executive Summary: We are seeking an Associate-level communications professional with 4-6 years’ experience to join our Strategic Communications and Integrated Marketing Practice. This position will support timely, relevant, and high-quality strategic communication for a large health IT organization within the Federal Government.
· Develop written materials such as talking points, blog articles, white papers, briefing documents, fact sheets, and press releases for various target audience segments
· Support communications and integrated marketing activities, such as communications planning, stakeholder assessments, materials and marketing collateral development, focus groups and interviews, partnership development, outreach, website content management, program and campaign evaluation, and/or social media
· Work directly with clients to execute communications programs and campaigns that accomplish established objectives and leverage a wide variety of marketing tools, methods, and strategies
· Think critically and apply customer and industry insight to solve client problems
· Generate creative and original ideas for reaching and engaging target audiences and communicating key messages
· Assist in managing client relationships, project schedule, budget, and other project documentation
· Exhibit leadership skills and proactively contribute to maintaining a positive work environment
Skills and Qualifications:
· Experience with strategic communication, task management, and client relationship management
· Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
· Experience with communications and/or stakeholder engagement activities, such as developing communications plans, talking points, and/or presentation materials
· Experience coordinating and executing strategic communication campaigns and initiatives
· Familiarity with project management approaches
· Resourceful approach to content creation
· Able to make connections, fill in the blanks, and read between the lines
· Adept at distilling complex or detailed information into salient points/messages
· Experience with traditional and nontraditional marketing and communications strategies including Web 2.0 and social media
· Strong oral communication and presentation skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Excellent creative, conceptual, storytelling, and analytic thinking skills
· Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to work in team setting and independently
· Must be able to deliver on multiple projects/priorities at the same time
· Strong work ethic with a commitment to client service excellence
· U.S. Citizenship required
· Ability to obtain a US government security clearance is required
· Preference will be given to qualified Veteran candidates
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree required preferably in communication, marketing, public relations, or related field
· 2-4 years of professional experience in strategic communications, marketing, or public relations
· Prefer experience or internship working for a PR/marketing agency, publisher, newspaper, and/or a government consulting firm
· Prefer experience or internship with planning, developing, and implementing marketing/public relations activities, including developing communications plans, strategies, messages, and tactics as part of an outreach or education campaign