We here at HRU Technical Resources have partnered with an industry leading client looking for a Test Engineer (Mechanical) to plan coordinate and accomplish projects involving heavy-duty vehicle testing and development.
Our client is an established industry leader in the design and building of the world’s toughest specialty trucks and truck bodies and access equipment. They make it their business to understand the rigors of their customers jobs and deliver vehicles that out-perform anything else on the market. As a Test Engineer you will be a highly technical mechanical engineer with experience in vehicle development testing and evaluation. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the latest and greatest heavy duty vehicles on the market and be thoroughly involved in all aspects of the testing of these vehicles.
1. Assist with establishing of requirements for testing of heavy-duty vehicles and associated equipment according to the needs of the project.
2. Recommend what equipment resources are necessary to accomplish the test.
3. Assist in formulating project estimates.
4. Assist in creating test plans and implementing them via communication to subordinate engineers and technicians.
5. Create plans for fixtures and test apparatuses and supervise their construction and development.
6. Coordinate, supervise and monitor progress of testing.
7. Recommend corrective actions needed to maintain schedule and cost targets.
8. Communicate the status and results of tests as needed.
Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
Internship experience or 6-plus months related work experience
Ability to attain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
Experience in automotive or heavy-vehicle equipment
Position Type: Contract
Job Location: Aberdeen, MD
Hours: 40 hours a week. Overtime is possible
Travel: Up to 50%
Benefits and Salary:
Pay rate: $34-$40/hr
Benefits: Eligible for Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Short Term and Long-Term Disability
HRU Technical ResourcesHRU Technical Resources is a Technical Recruiting and Staffing Company. For 39 years we have helped clients and candidates nationwide in a variety of industries (Automotive, Military/Aerospace, Insurance, Education etc.) and professions; specializing in Engineering, IT, Supervisory and Technical related placements. However, we are able to place just about any skill set/job title, just about anywhere.