Sr Purchasing Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Senior Purchasing Specialist Department: Purchasing Reports to: Materials Manager
The Senior Purchasing Specialist is responsible for procurement from international suppliers and local US suppliers with technical expertise in large systems. Supplier Management inclusive of supporting Quality System Management. Supporting project teams during design, assembly, and debug phases of projects in the areas of schedule, cost, and quality. Responsible for supporting the APP’s and Sales team to provide supplier quoting and technical expertise for large systems.
Key function of this role is to support company goals, values, and operating principles.
• Project Management
• Be the Senior representative for all Project teams in providing details about supplier capabilities, and other technical aspects of supplier management.
• Participate in project team meetings. Provide update on system deliveries.
• Communicate with Buyer/Suppliers with consolidated project schedules, and specific requirements. Be involved with Project teams to understand change order management and ensuring continuity for deliveries.
• Coordinate the supplier responses for complete project delivery schedule. Plan and schedule working with the project teams as required. Dates for Pre-Assembly, and Debug start for projects. Manage any supply issues at FDR timeframe.
• Supplier Management
• Assist Purchasing Manager in the development of local and international suppliers. Provide technical expertise from a procurement perspective, and interact with responsible Project Engineer, Project Manager, and Application Engineer to ensure continuity from quoting to final proposal to Purchase Order and Delivery.
• Research possible future companies.
• Provide Apps and Sales Team with approved supplier lists.
• Advise Project teams on sourcing of large systems, and international suppliers based upon approved supplier lists, cost, delivery, and quality.
• Support Supplier Management process working with Quality team to ensure proper documentation exists for every supplier and provide audit and approval process to ensure compliance with our ISO standards.
• Develop process for maintaining supplier qualification documentation.
• Assist the Purchasing Manager in performing annual Supplier scorecard to manage ontime delivery and quality more accurately.
• Work with the procurement team in understanding supplier capabilities in terms of equipment, quality systems, and capacity management.
• Support procurement team with obsolete components and selection of approved replacements.
• Supplier price negotiations on large systems Cost Reduction process for all large system parts related to projects.
• Supplier schedule management and capacity management.
• Be a liaison with Apps/Sales teams to develop more robust forecasting of standard parts. Provide APPs /Sales team with preferred suppliers for quotations when processing offers to our customers and be the liaison between suppliers and Apps/Sales.
• Local supplier knowledge. Add to local supplier team for quicker turn around and better quality. Quick turn parts.
• Perform ad hoc duties as assigned by Manager.
• Experience with ERP systems (SAP preferred)
• Ability to read schematics and navigate engineering models
• Product Life Cycle system experience
• Technical knowledge of automation systems and parts
• Total System and Supplier ownership
• Customer focused
• Continuous improvement focused
• Works well in a dynamic team
• Professionalism: always maintain professional interactions and demeanor with personnel, customers, vendors, and others
• Passion for customer service: accept the challenges, be highly responsive, respect the relationships with customers and personnel, and focus on commitments
• Acts in confidentiality to protect our customers and IP
• Communication: clearly and promptly address issues as they arise, communicate technical concepts in a precise and effective manner with customers, personnel, and colleagues of differing technical backgrounds
• Collaboration: value input from personnel and customers and collaboratively find the best practical solutions within project schedules and department deadlines, solve and learn together with the team as issues arise
• Pursuit of Better: take personal responsibility to learn and grow, help motivate colleagues toward successful completion of department and project goals
• Provide feedback: foster an environment of innovation and feedback by professionally and appropriately giving input
• Respect for Others: excellent intercultural communication skills, openness, and respect towards others
• Flexibility: adapt to changes with a positive attitude and prioritize simultaneous, diverse responsibilities as needed
Education Requirements for technical jobs → Professional Knowledge
• BS degree, or internationally recognized equivalent, or 5 years of relevant working experience.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States
• Must have a valid state driver license
• Pass interview and technical test
• Must be able to work off shift hours and work overtime
• Must be able to travel domestic and internationally 40%, at times with short notice
• Follow all safety policies, precautions, and procedures
• Follow department working instructions from manager
• Follow daily work activities defined by supervisor
• Timely participate in meetings
• Perform critical tasks of the role satisfactorily within 6 months of hire date
• Ability to kneel/crouch, stand, pull, grasp, see and have depth perception, walk, lift, hear, reach, push, complete repetitive motions, and communicate.
Possible exposure to noise, vibration, extreme temperatures, and work in a clean room environment. Hazards include possible exposure to mechanical and electrical equipment, chemical hazards, lasers/harsh light, and Sharps.
HRU Technical Resources
HRU Technical Resources is a Technical Recruiting and Staffing Company. For over 40 years we have helped clients and candidates nationwide in a variety of industries (Automotive, Military/Aerospace, Insurance, Education etc.) and professions; specializing in Engineering, IT, Supervisory and Technical related placements. However, we are able to place just about any skill set/job title, just about anywhere.