Sr Mechanical Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
HRU is teaming up with a premier Defense Manufacturing Company to fill a Sr. Mechanical Engineer opening in Radford, VA. This 6-month contract carries a possibility of conversion to direct-hire or an extension. This position will operate within a 9x80 schedule and is fully on-site. Compensation: $79-86/hour, with accrued PTO and an available benefits package.
Must have experience with pipe stress analysis as this position will focus heavily with pressurized storage tanks.
• Work with a multi-discipline engineering team to perform plant and project engineering. Select construction materials and methods, write specifications, supervise and prepare mechanical drawings, control cost, and manage work to meet project schedules.
• Perform mechanical engineering analyses for one or more of the following: steam systems, hydraulic systems, pumping / piping systems, HVAC systems, machinery design and layout, process cooling and heating systems, storage tank design and construction, vessel design and construction, inspection and repair
• Conduct inspections of existing facilities such as buildings, equipment, and pipelines to determine the integrity and safety. Make recommendations concerning any needed modifications.
• Support development of plans and schedules for the construction phase of projects ensuring that materials, equipment, and personnel will be available to meet project schedules
• Ensure that work is performed in accordance with plans, specifications, and good construction practices and within cost during the execution phase
• Create detailed project proposals, scopes of work and estimates
• Review and approve design packages from equipment suppliers and design firms providing constructability input
• Execute commissioning plan and maintain documentation as needed Consider safety in all aspects of work and design
Typically 6+ years experience in Mechanical engineering and design Proficient knowledge of CADD tools (AutoCAD, Pipe Stress Analysis, Vessel Design) for efficient production of engineering work
Working knowledge of applicable codes and standards such as ASME, API codes and Standards Possess clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
Principals of Project Management
Typically 6+ years experience in Mechanical Engineering and Design
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited University.
We may consider a closely related degree
HRU Technical Resources
HRU Technical Resources is a Technical Recruiting and Staffing Company. For over 40 years we have helped clients and candidates nationwide in a variety of industries (Automotive, Military/Aerospace, Insurance, Education etc.) and professions; specializing in Engineering, IT, Supervisory and Technical related placements. However, we are able to place just about any skill set/job title, just about anywhere.
Websitehttp://www.hrutech.com View all jobs at HRU Technical Resources
Get fresh Senior Mechanical Project Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.