Designs and develops applications software and systems.
Collaborates with hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of data processing systems for product and commercial software.
Determines computer user needs,, analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
1. Assists in development and evaluation of moderately complex software designs to reduce/identify design flaws that would cause defects.
2. Assists in preparing design documentation for moderately complex software designs in accordance with established software development processes and procedures.
3. Codes and unit tests moderately complex software units to a documented design.
4. Assist in the preparation of software engineering change orders, change proposals and corrective action reports.
5. Assist in evaluations/trade studies for software development tools.
6. Analyzes and prepares documentation of software specification and designs. Ensures that engineering data is complete, correct, and maintained throughout the engineering lifecycle.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must have experience with the following:
- Visual Basic
- .NET Visual Studio 2010
- Java Analyzing and modifying .XML files
- SQL queries
- Generating/compiling reports in Excel
- Constructing a GUI
BS with 4 years of experience, MS with 2 years of experience