Python Software Developer - Contract
We here at HRU Technical Resources have partnered with a leading chemical manufacturer to find a Python Software Developer.
The position of Python Software Developer will support digitalization projects in Catalyst research. As a “data manager” you will look at various data sources, structure data and data flows, organize data in suitable SQL and NoSQL databases and make data available for data analytics via REST API’s. You will be developing state of the art web frontends as well as stand-alone GUI applications with well documented integrated tested code.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Developing Python web applications
• Create SQL and NoSQL databases for laboratory data
• Participate in architectural decisions related to the Python web application and stand-alone applications
• Expand the test coverage for newly developed functionalities
• Refactor the application where necessary
• Aid in back-end data processing pipelines where needed
• Test-driven Python programming
• Demonstrated ability to produce results on a timeline.
• Clear communication
• Extensive experience in software design, development and testing, integrations, program installations, and system implementations.
• Working knowledge of an ORM (e.g.: SQLAlchemy)
• Familiarity with the Apache Hadoop ecosystem is a plus
• Familiarity with the Scipy software ecosystem (e.g.: Numpy, Scipy, Pandas, statsmodel) is a plus
• Familiarity with Scipy data visualization libraries (e.g.: matplotlib, seaborn, bokeh, holoviews,) is a plus
• Web framework experience. Knowledge of specifically Flask, Pyramids and Tornado is a plus.
• Web APIs, RESTful service implementation
• Agile development tools, like version control with git and Atlassian products
• Using tools for continuous integration and automated testing
• BS in Computer Science or related field with at least 4 years of industry experience
Job Location: Iselin, NJ
Compensation: $48-$70/hr depending on experience