· Reviews blueprints and product specifications to accurately determine amount of materials needed.
· Documents overall material needs, including all codes, brands, and contact information necessary to process orders.
· Adjusts amounts for existing inventory and for orders of conventional sizes.
· Requires ability to understand engineering documents and work closely with members of the engineering team.
· Requires a high school diploma and 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
· Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Engineering field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
· Works under immediate supervision.
· Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
Preferred Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Broad based Transportation knowledge with the ability to assess customer requirements, determine what mode options exist, and create route analysis to enable us to source the business. Strong analytical and negotiation skills
· Oversees projects that will effect the sections of our supply chain organization. Ability to influence, set priorities, and drive projects into our material flow networks. Interaction with our extended enterprise. Also delegates as required. Achieve specified KPI's as noted by manager
· A strong grasp of supply chain management and logistics which includes: carrier management, cost management, freight payment, warehousing, expediting, and a general understanding of international shipping. Strong project/time management skills.
· Varies from single occurrence product launches and operational improvements to long term systematic improvement plans. Ability to lead various cross functional project teams
· Applies methodology to analyze and determine solutions for materials and logistics launch projects and continuous improvement activities