Manufacturing Engineer Manager
- $105,000 to $120,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
HRU Tech is assisting a world famous Guitar Manufacturing company in their pursuit to hire the right Manufacturing Engineer for a direct-hire role in their Bozeman facility. Looking for a candidate with Lean Manufacturing experience.
Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Bozeman, MT
Compensation: $105,000 - $120,000/year, along with Benefits and Paid Time Off.
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager is responsible for the establishment, maintenance, and improvement of the facilities and the manufacturing processes. They motivate and guide a team of Engineers, Machinists, and Technicians to constantly drive data-based solutions to the issues involved with the production of the world’s best guitars.
- Facilitates and leads the Engineering and Facilities teams through mentoring and daily management of the Engineering and Facilities Leadership.
- Drives idea creation for the improvement of the facility and the production processes in areas of SQDC, material/tool usage, and waste reduction.
- Is the subject-matter expert for the leadership team on all issues dealing with the facility, machines, and systems.
- Creates timelines and priority structure for the multitude of short and long-term projects being worked on to improve the facility and the production processes.
- Spearheads large, factory-wide projects that require input from multiple groups (Engineering, Facilities, QC, Purchasing, Production, Accounting, IT).
- Works directly with Product Development to manage the additional Engineering/Production work required for prototypes, special-runs, and one-of-a-kind guitars.
- Works with the Controller to create and manage the capex for the coming year and for large projects/purchases.
- Ensures the establishment and discipline of effective manufacturing standard work
Continuous Improvement Program:
- Manages efforts to identify root causes of issues negatively impacting production objectives
- Performs time studies, resource balancing for production
- Provides work content data support to leadership for labor ROI
- Implements and maintains process that sustains continuous improvement gains
- Reviews and assists with routing and/or other process flows created by production
- Lead or conduct studies in cost, quality, productivity, flow, value stream mapping
- Lead and coordinate a wide variety of identified and approved initiatives and projects designed to improve processes and performance.
- Facilitate the selection, scope, and planning of specific improvement projects
- Identify goals for CI events and potential quantifiable savings
- Identify resource requirements and ROI estimates for improvement projects
- Lead Kaizen events and maintain reporting on events, event outcomes and action plans, and follow-up measurement results
- Participate actively to prove process concepts as well as implementation of improvement activities
- Monitor and maintain event schedules
- Follow up and audit event progress to ensure results are achieved and sustained
- Resolve implementation issues / create and manage implementation communication process
- Practical work with Lean Manufacturing
- Outstanding time management skillset with the ability to prioritize
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required, IE or MFGE a plus; or 5+ years related experience in a manufacturing environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years’ experience in a Leadership role, preferably in a consumer goods manufacturing environment.
- Safety documentation and resolution experience.
- Facility maintenance & upkeep experience.
- Familiarity with CAD and CAM programs.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a LEAN transformation.
- Training in QC root-cause problem-solving.
- Time-studies and takt time implementation experience.
- Automated environmental controls experience.
- Intimate knowledge of Human-factors engineering and how to apply it.
- Inquisitive mind.
- Desire to learn.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills.
- Effective communicator.
- Collaborative Spirit.
- Attention to detail.
- Clear and logical thinker
- Relish working in a company with a diverse, challenging, and fast paced environment
- Some travel to other facilities required (5-10%)
HRU Technical Resources is a Technical Recruiting and Staffing Company. For over 40 years we have helped clients and candidates nationwide in a variety of industries (Automotive, Military/Aerospace, Insurance, Education etc.) and professions; specializing in Engineering, IT, Supervisory and Technical related placements. However, we are able to place just about any skill set/job title, just about anywhere.
HRU Technical ResourcesBozeman, MT
WebsiteView All HRU Technical Resources Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.