1. Associate’s degree (A.A.); two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Experience with PLC’s (Control Logix, Micro Logix, Compact Logix & SLC 500 – Rockwell software) – being able to understand ladder logic.
3. Experience with automation equipment (i.e., industrial robots, AGV, vision systems).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Instruct and coordinate the activities of all personnel in the department to maintain top efficiency and productivity.
2. Contact and coordinate work with outside contractors, vendors, and suppliers.
3. Interpret and enforce company policies and safety regulations.
4. Study production schedules and estimate worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
5. Analyze and resolve work problems or assist employees in solving work problems.
6. Maintain time and attendance records.
7. Administer disciplinary action as needed.
8. Requisition tools, equipment and supplies.
9. Assist in troubleshooting PLC related issues.
10. Responsible for setting up and maintaining adequate parts and supplies to minimize production downtime.
11. Manage the maintenance of accurate records of machines and other assets with regards to repair, drawings, diagrams and manuals and preventive maintenance program.
12. Confer with other Engineers to coordinate activities.
13. Responsible for housekeeping of area
1. Directly supervise hourly maintenance technician employees.
2. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
3. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable laws.
4. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Preference will be given to those applicants who through training and experience have shown and possess the following:
Interpersonal skills Analytical skills Problem solving skills
Decision making skills Communication skills, both written and oral Ability to manage multiple priorities