Lead Project Manager (PMO, R&D, Science)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Lead Project Manager (PMO, R&D, Science)
Type of Position:
Lansing, MI (downtown)
Negotiable depending on experience / background. Generally in the $100K/yr to $160K/yr pay range.
Available (and competitive)
HRU Technical Resources is partnering with world-wide leader in research, development, manufacturing and operation of superconducting electron linear accelerators (used for medical radioisotope production) to place a Lead Project Manager.
Who We Are:
We are a group of scientists, engineers, designers, technicians, and many others who are dedicated to changing the world by developing medical isotopes to treat and eradicate cancer. We also enjoy darts, cornhole, ping-pong, take-out for group lunches, chili cook-offs, and other fun events that makes our company a community where we make a life, not just a living.
Who You Are:
You are an open minded, committed team player who is able to meet people where they are. Words used to describe you include humble, thoughtful, curious, resilient, exhibits patience and grace. You understand and are energized by the challenges that exist in moving from research and development (R& D) to a production environment. Your job satisfaction is measured by the synergy you instill in cross-functional team members who have historically been in a siloed environment, enabling them to achieve optimal outcomes together. You lead from the front, modeling the way, creating a learning environment and celebrating the journey as well as the destination.
What You Can Expect To Work On:
• The lead project manager masterfully manages up, down, and across the organization to optimize outcomes and proactively contribute to a fun, learning, nurturing, motivating culture.
• This role is a key member of the PMO leadership team in execution of both short and long-term program plans and assisting with developing members of the project management team in support of the ideal employee experience, strong customer relationships, and exceptional organizational results.
• Provide mentored consultation on the application of project management principles, lean principles, process improvement tool/techniques and change management strategies.
• Facilitates effective meetings and workshops using group process and problem-solving thinking, tools and techniques. Responsible for the management, performance, and completion of multiple concurrent projects.
• Develops and teaches PMO standards; develop and/or improve PMO tools. Provides strategic implementation guidance to the project team.
• Maintains effective and professional documentation by developing detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, status reports, etc.
What You Need To Succeed:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – you know how to develop & maintain strong relationships with all levels/teams of the organization
• Understand how to integrate into a new team/organization – appreciate the history of current state, know how and when to make suggestions, as well as using just the right pace to reach the improved future state
• Understand your own communication and learning styles, assess others styles, and are able to find the right path to connect the two
• Well versed in the complexities of a fast-growing company, the constant state of change facing the workforce today, and the strategies of proactively managing demanding schedules and the people side of change
• Exceptional technology skills – you find working with any software very comfortable and you easily adapt to new products; Highly efficient with MS Office products; Expert skill with project tracking
• Energized by facing problems with unknown solutions; able to break down complex issues into manageable pieces
You Should Check These Boxes (Requirements):
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in industrial engineering, business administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 6 - 12 years of experience in a project management role with increasing scope of projects and oversight of project management staff; waterfall and agile project management experience
• 2 - 5 years of experience in applying continuous improvement methodologies such as PDCA, lean, six sigma, total quality management and/or rapid cycle improvement in the work setting
• PROSCI Change Management Certified or other demonstrated knowledge of Change Management
• Lean training/certification and knowledge of lean thinking concepts in planning and operations analysis
• Expert experience with information management software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and MS Project, Smartsheet, Miro, etc.
Great To Have:
• PMP PMI-ACP, or CSM and/or Lean certification
• Experience with radiopharmaceutical industry
Work Environment / Other Info:
• This is a full-time position. Days of work are typically Monday through Friday during typical office hours.
HRU Technical Resources
1012 N. WalnutLansing, MI
TechnologyView all jobs at HRU Technical Resources
Get fresh PMO Lead jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.