- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Data Technician is a key role within the Product Assurance & Test team, as well as the engineering team, focused at delivering the highest levels of performance to the platform and crew for the Next Generation Combat Vehicle/Optionally Manned Fighting Vehicle (NGCV/OMFV) program.
· Provide input to engineering to support test data acquisition.
· Assist/manage test equipment specification, procurement, calibration, maintenance and retirement
· Assist/manage development of calibration program.
· Install and monitor test instrumentation during testing of ARV vehicles
· Assist in the development of standard test procedures and methodologies.
· Gather and reduce data from test instrumentation to support engineering analysis.
· Ensure all safety, security, and compliance requirements are known and followed by team members
· Manage relationships with all stakeholders to ensure performance is optimized and be able to manage the political dimensions associated with a high profile program
· Support and adhere to all company safety and environmental regulations & policies
· Ability to travel up to 50% of the time. Occasional travel to Europe may be required
· Undertake other duties as determined by the PA&T Manager &Engineering Director or his/her delegate
· High School Diploma
· BSc in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Systems) desired
· 5-10 year’ experience with installation of accelerometers, strain gauges, video cameras and other test instrumentation in DoD ground vehicles.
· Experience with installation of data recording devices, such as data loggers
· Experience with recording data from sensors
· Experience in data reduction to formats that are usable by engineers for analysis
· Familiarity with using drones to collect data
· Experience of working in a multi-national, multi-organizational and corporate environment.
· Knowledge of the US DoD process and procedures for vehicle development and procurement.
· Practical ‘hands on’ attitude with the ability to operate independently.
· Detailed knowledge of Military Standards and regulations.
· Ability to present technical solutions to clients and internal stakeholders.
· Experience with data acquisition software, such as Metlab/Labview.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
· Communication: Must be able to communicate effectively in a variety of settings and be able to assimilate complex instructions easily. Ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff to establish productive relationships. Superior consultation, diplomacy, influencing and negotiating skills is required. Must possess the ability to explain complex concepts in a way that makes sense to someone less knowledgeable about the topic.
· Teamwork: Must promote collaboration and facilitate teamwork across the organization and its external service providers. Must be tactful, diplomatic, and work with integrity, honesty, and respect for others.
· Customer Oriented: Must display exceptional listening and analytical skills in order to understand internal customer concerns and needs with the ability to respond promptly and effectively to those needs.
· Leadership: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required to work effectively with the US team, suppliers, customer, and corporate parent staff.
· Drive for Results: High level of self-motivation and standards with the ability to multi-task; balancing "analysis" with "doing". Must be adaptable and able to prioritize and work under pressure to meet deadlines. Work on own initiative.
HRU Technical Resources
HRU Technical Resources is a Technical Recruiting and Staffing Company. For over 40 years we have helped clients and candidates nationwide in a variety of industries (Automotive, Military/Aerospace, Insurance, Education etc.) and professions; specializing in Engineering, IT, Supervisory and Technical related placements. However, we are able to place just about any skill set/job title, just about anywhere.
AddressSterling Heights, MI