HRU has teamed up with Lear to find a Controls Engineer for it's Hammond, IN location. This is a long-term contract position offering a full benefits package through BCBS.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Able to design, develop, and streamline various aspects of electrical controls systems, general electrical circuitry, pneumatic, hydraulic systems, and machinery in the plant with use of AutoCAD/AutoCAD Electric, HMI Software/ Design, and/or E-Plan
- Provide direction and be able to execute the programming for, installation of, and technical troubleshooting support of PLC ladder-logic based hardware and software applications throughout the plant
- Provide controls and systems engineering support for emergency and unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production peak and off-peak run times as needed
- Able to work with cross functional groups, as well as work effectively with Plant Engineers and Maintenance Supervisors to complete projects on time and within schedule.
- Able to read and interpret equipment manuals, schematics, machinery assembly drawings, create component hardware BOMs, and determine additional system/hardware components for the design of electrical control systems and circuitry diagrams to perform required maintenance and service
- Able to diagnose process and machinery problems utilizing root cause failure analysis techniques, replace or repair equipment parts, test and make adjustments as required
- Assist with and provide guidance for the compliance of plant safety regulations such as (Arch Flash Electrical Safety- NFPA-70E; LOTO, Energized Work Permits, Safe Cell Entry).
- Prior related plant (JIT) shop-floor electrical controls systems support is a plus
Required Education and Job Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related field
· 3 - 5+ years of Electrical Controls/System Engineering industry experience
· Strong skills in ladder logic, preferably Allen-Bradley Systems; PLC5, SLC and ControLogix 5000-5580.
· Strong Skills in HMI Design, Preferably FactoryTalk View and Ignition; WonderWare. LabVIEW
· Familiarity with Ethernet/IP and basic networking applications and practices
· Working knowledge and understanding of plant power distribution equipment and controls
· Experience and working knowledge of robot teach points and programming code understanding
***Candidates that currently require sponsorship or will require sponsorship in the future will not be considered for this position.