Contracts Manager (Federal / Government)
Type of Position:
This position is ONLY open to candidates who are US Citizens (candidates must be eligible to obtain Secret Clearance, and this requires US Citizenship). Candidates who are Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) or are on CPT, OPT, H1B, or TN visas are NOT eligible. This position is NOT open to corp2corp, corp2hire, or w2 referral.
Competitive benefits package is available (health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, PTO, etc)
HRU Technical Resources has partnered with a technology services and solutions company which serves as an innovative resource for Department of Defense, Government, and commercial clients. We are seeking a Contracts Manager. The Contracts Manager will be responsible for facilitation of effective implementation of contract responsibilities within program objectives and requirements. Duties include management and administration of company contracts including overseeing proposal preparation and contract negotiation.
• Serve as Contracts Manager/Administrator responsible for the oversight and administration of government contracts based upon a thorough knowledge of contracting procedures, acquisition principles, regulations, and guidelines applicable to the Department of Defense and other Government agencies.
• Perform various contract administration functions, including monitoring canceled funds, performing reconciliation, conducting contract closeouts, maintaining database integrity, determining eligibility, and verifying evidence of contractor progress for approval of contract financing, and solving problems relating to assigned contracts.
• Manage thorough contract negotiation and administration of contracts or subcontracts including reviews of subcontractor packages in order to ensure business objectives are met.
• Monitor company performance for conformance to original proposal and maintains continual reviews to ensure that all terms and conditions are met and that the contract is in accordance with legal requirements, customer specifications, and government regulations.
• Must be capable of identifying potential contractual problem areas early on, assessing alternate courses of corrective action and recommending satisfactory solutions.
• Reviews performance in contracts to assure compliance with terms of contracts; Evaluate contract performance to determine necessity for amendments or extensions.
• Establish and maintain formal active and inactive contract/subcontract records repository.
• Assist in the preparation, coordination, and production of formal cost proposals in response to requirements of Government solicitations, to include the solicitation of subcontractor cost proposals for inclusion in prime contracts and delivery orders.
• Analyze proposals for all areas of compliance (cost/schedule/T ensure post award compliance on the supplier’s performance (cost, schedule, technical, company policies and procedures, and all other terms and conditions) of awarded agreements.
• Responsible for post award modifications to agreements including all change related activities.
• Prepare and disseminates information regarding contract status, compliance, modification, deviation, negotiation, and termination.
• Adhere to compliance requirements and maintains audit-ready files.
• Serve as primary point of contact for contract/acquisition-related activities/actions.
• Review new contracts to assure all necessary clauses have been included.
• Monitor contractor performance for compliance with applicable laws, delivery schedules, payment provisions, contract data reporting requirements, and other contractual requirements.
• Manage final closeout of assigned contracts. Review monthly invoices provided by accounting department and job cost information to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
• Support Program Management in the execution of their respective Programs providing guidance and counsel in compliance with acquisition regulations and the law.
• Actively contribute to the development of proposals and the submission process as directed.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and Federal Procurement Law is required.
• Experience supporting administration of DOD, AMCOM, FFP and T&M/LH, CP and IDIQ/BPA contracts.
• Experience with General Services Administration (GSA) Schedules and contracts is required.
• Experiencing modifying, negotiating, and managing GSA Schedules
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially working with proposal team members and executives.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills. Results oriented analytical and action ability.
• Must possess flexibility in a rapidly changing environment and able to work well within your team and with other teams.
• Strong knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) & Department of Defense Supplement to the FAR (DFARS)
• Excellent customer service skills and experience.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office software; particularly Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Deltek Costpoint Essentials Contract Management experience desired.
• Must be able to obtain/maintain security clearance.
Education / Experience / Certification Requirements:
• BS/BA, 3-7 years’ demonstrated relevant experience in government contract administration. OR MS/MA, 2-5 years’ demonstrated relevant experience in government contract administration. Degree concentration should be in related business field.
• Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM) certification preferred.
Company / Corporate Info:
• Our organization is a woman-owned small business based in Huntsville, AL that provides Integrated Logistics Support, Engineering Services, and Program Management services to the United States Government and commercial customers. We deliver solutions that optimize efficiencies in product form, fit, reliability, safety, and supportability to maximize Warfighter readiness. We are Readiness Accelerated!
• Employees of must adhere to and support company policies, procedure and standards. We provide a rewarding work atmosphere built on outstanding customer service, consistent with our core values: Integrity, Teamwork, Selfless Service, Competence, Loyalty, Excellence, Accountability, and Responsiveness. We guarantee competitive salaries and benefit packages.
• We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information, or disability. We are also a committed EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
• 1st / day shift role