- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
HRU has teamed up with a machining manufacturing company to find a Commissioning Technician that will live in the Grand Rapids, MI area and travel to customer sites for the commissioning of newly installed machines. This is a direct hire that offers a competitive salary, overtime and great benefits. This position is perfect for someone that has hand's on experience with mechanical work but can also program HMI's utilizing Siemens S7 or similar platform. In this role you will have the chance to travel around the United States and Canada, some in Mexico and 3-4 times per year to Germany. The ideal candidate will have strong HMI programming experience, a valid passport, the ability to travel 50-60% and can either relocate to The Greater Grand Rapids area or already live there.
Summary: Commissions CNC tube and bar sawing and machining equipment and provides startup training to the customer’s machine operators. Performs post installation diagnostics and repairs to resolve machine faults by both remote connection to the machines from our corporate offices as well as onsite diagnostics and repairs at customer facilities throughout North America. Provides additional training for customers as requested.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Travels to our home office in Ludwigslust, Germany for commissioning and FAT (factory acceptance test). Assists in identifying and fixing issues found during the FAT. Relays new technologies applied to machine builds to the Service Department.
2. Following the mechanical installation of machine at a customer site (mechanical installation is performed by a crew of mechanical technicians), employee will travel to installation site and review machine startup checklist and resolve any noncomplying issues. Employee will adjust commissioning parameters found within the NCU and PLC programs as required to make machine run as quoted as well as make adjustments as required for the environment.
3. Employee will train customer’s operators on how to operate, maintain and troubleshoot new machines and supervise startup of production after training is complete.
4. Services new and occasionally existing machines by performing remote and onsite diagnosis. Resolves issues by determining proper course of action which may include several paths. Examples, but not limited to: (1) Recommending that the customer purchase a spare part from our internal sales department (this also involves communicating with our internal sales department and advising them on what part to quote to which customer). (2) Communicating with our technical/engineering colleagues in Germany (in-house translators are available when required) to further diagnosis the problem. (3) Travel to the customer site to perform the repair directly.
5. Provides phone support for questions from customers. Examples, but not limited to: (1) Answering machine setup questions. (2) Diagnosing machine faults. (3) Advising customers of machine capabilities.
6. Able to diagnose and modify existing Siemens Step 7 and 840D programs and associated parameters to resolve machine issues and/or modify according to customer’s special needs. This can be done remotely or on site at customer.
7. Employee will provide additional operator training as purchased.
8. Employee will provide back-up support for Remote Diagnostics as well as Field Service Technicians.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); four to six years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A working knowledge of Siemens Step 7 and 840D controls and programs is preferred.
HRU Technical Resources
HRU Technical Resources is a Technical Recruiting and Staffing Company. For over 40 years we have helped clients and candidates nationwide in a variety of industries (Automotive, Military/Aerospace, Insurance, Education etc.) and professions; specializing in Engineering, IT, Supervisory and Technical related placements. However, we are able to place just about any skill set/job title, just about anywhere.