Chemical Laboratory (Lab) Technician
Type of Position:
Contract – 12 months (extension possible, going direct possible)
$21.50/hr (overtime paid over 40 hours)
This position is ONLY open to US Citizens and Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders). Candidates on CPT, OPT, H1B, H4, and TN visas are NOT eligible. This position is NOT open to any subcontracting (no corp2corp, no corp2hire, w2 referrals, etc).
• Available (health care, 401k, vision, dental, various plans available)
• Paid holidays / vacation not available on contract (would be available if going direct)
HRU Technical Resources has partnered with a global chemical company to place a Chemical Laboratory (Lab) Technician. Chemistry Lab Technicians assist chemists in their lab work. As time progresses, lab technicians are completing a greater number of tasks that previously would have been performed by highly trained chemists. The individual in this role will be working in an Architectural Coatings Lab.
• Monitoring chemical processes and testing products as part of quality assurance.
• Perform repetitive lab activities, such as setting up lab equipment and preparing chemical solutions (under the supervision of chemists and other team members).
• Conducting tests, interpreting and analyzing data, compiling results, preparing reports, and presenting conclusions.
• Applicants should be able to apply knowledge of good laboratory practices on a daily basis.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Attention to detail and critical reasoning required to successfully conduct testing.
• Applicants should be flexible and able to multi-task.
• Seeking individuals with a great attitude, coachable, open to continual learning and an awesome work ethic.
• 1st (day) shift position
• 8-hour work schedule (flex start time between 7am and 8:30am)